Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Steve Deace - Kid Gloves Are Off

This dude needs a fucking hobby besides watching Michigan football. Lol at letting a game that has literally zero impact on your life upset you that much. Dude looked like he was about to cry in that video.

This dude needs a fucking hobby besides watching Michigan football. Lol at letting a game that has literally zero impact on your life upset you that much. Dude looked like he was about to cry in that video.

He's a pretty big Michigan nerd. Has had a couple "Michigan Man" moments on his YouTube videos. Pretty cringy stuff.

agree.

Regardless of how his message is being presented, is he wrong?

Yeah, don't get why people would get critical of him for being emotional. He loves the team and program and it's a part of who he is. Not to mention, I would guess it's a bit more than a "hobby" for him; probably makes some money off it.

Don't see it any different than being emotional about art, music, or whatever that individual person keeps to their heart.

Maybe 20 yrs ago I would get pissed over a loss, but as one gets older you realize that games come and go and they have zero effect on my life. You win some you lose some. Teams like Michigan, OSU, Alabama, Georgia, USC, ND, all run in cycles. They’re on their way back up.

Maybe 20 yrs ago I would get pissed over a loss, but as one gets older you realize that games come and go and they have zero effect on my life. You win some you lose some. Teams like Michigan, OSU, Alabama, Georgia, USC, ND, all run in cycles. They?re on their way back up.

It sure seems like Michigan has not been able to get in that cycle.

Yeah, don't get why people would get critical of him for being emotional. He loves the team and program and it's a part of who he is. Not to mention, I would guess it's a bit more than a "hobby" for him; probably makes some money off it.

Don't see it any different than being emotional about art, music, or whatever that individual person keeps to their heart.

wrong.

I listed to most of the podcast and found virtually nothing that I could dispute.

Example: Alabama from 1993-2007 they averaged 6.8 wins per year. Consistently average.

Michigan?s time is coming.

We are not willing to do the things Alabama does to be great at football. We all know that.

We are not willing to do the things Alabama does to be great at football. We all know that.

I think it's naive to think that Michigan (or any other power 5 school for that matter) doesn't operate in the gray to some extent. It may not be on the same level as some other programs, but it is happening. That's not to say that our coach is obstructing NCAA investigations or coercing spousal abuse victims into keeping quiet, but I'm sure there are some benefits that multiple players on the team are enjoying that aren't exactly legal.

I think it's naive to think that Michigan (or any other power 5 school for that matter) doesn't operate in the gray to some extent. It may not be on the same level as some other programs, but it is happening. That's not to say that our coach is obstructing NCAA investigations or coercing spousal abuse victims into keeping quiet, but I'm sure there are some benefits that multiple players on the team are enjoying that aren't exactly legal.

Probably true and I'm fine with it, but Alabama, Clemson, OSU, Oklahoma, and really the SEC in general do it at a higher, better level.

Michigan is nothing like the greasy SEC schools or others when it comes to recruiting. I’m sure there are aspects of the ‘process’ that are the same everywhere.

Take Rashan Gary. I don’t know Chris Partridge but I know one of his best friends. M had to fight tooth and nail to fend off other schools offering ...so much more.

When it comes to the Cass Tech and King kids, it doesn’t matter - MICHIGAN is MICHIGAN.

But on the national scale, we are targeting different types of kids and selling the ‘Michigan Experience’ and lifelong recruitment.

We will never truly compete for that 5-star kid from Biloxi whose got Bama, LSU, UGA and a Florida after them.

Michigan is nothing like the greasy SEC schools or others when it comes to recruiting. I?m sure there are aspects of the ?process? that are the same everywhere.

Take Rashan Gary. I don?t know Chris Partridge but I know one of his best friends. M had to fight tooth and nail to fend off other schools offering ...so much more.

When it comes to the Cass Tech and King kids, it doesn?t matter - MICHIGAN is MICHIGAN.

But on the national scale, we are targeting different types of kids and selling the ?Michigan Experience? and lifelong recruitment.

We will never truly compete for that 5-star kid from Biloxi whose got Bama, LSU, UGA and a Florida after them.

This is kinda why that nagging voice in my head keeps telling me: "Stop watching, stop caring."

Not because I want us to get down in the mud with the rest of them, but because no one in charge (ostensibly the NCAA) will do anything about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back