Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Suh probably signing with Jay-Z`s sports agency

swami45

Rumors starting to pop up everywhere, if that is the case his contract demands could get out of hand

Man I get so sick and tired of everybody trying to do everything. "Look at me; I'm a repo man AND a bounty hunter AND a man-nanny on the weekends". Maybe it's just me, but I can't see it for being anything besides a ploy to exalt Jay's ego, under the disguise of "I'm gonna get you guys paid. I care about you and your families and your futures etc etc". I hope Suh signs with anybody except Jay Z.

I read your message but haven't tried yet. I'll try now and see if it works

edit: the text works but the image upload doesn't :-/

Last edited:
I read your message but haven't tried yet. I'll try now and see if it works

edit: the text works but the image upload doesn't :-/

It works. Find image on web, copy the address and use the image tags, that little yellow icon link thing.

It's 120% of previous years salary I believe so nope,

To be precise, it's the greater of the average of the top 5 salaries at that player's position or 120 percent of the player's cap hit the previous year. So basically, there's no way we franchise him.

It's no coincidence that this happens right after Detroit starts working on an extension.

He wants the Robinson Cano package. And just like Cano, Seattle will probably vastly overpay for him.

Jay-Z might actually be worse for sports than Scott Boras.

It's no coincidence that this happens right after Detroit starts working on an extension.

He wants the Robinson Cano package. And just like Cano, Seattle will probably vastly overpay for him.

Jay-Z might actually be worse for sports than Scott Boras.

Seattle doesn't need him. And when you consider some young guys needing raises not sure they could afford him.

How about Tamba, Suh and McCoy..? Yeah..

Seattle didn't "need" to sign Avril either. They put a lot of their cap into their defense.

It really comes down to whether or not they just want him. If they do, the cap can be manipulated, and they can afford him.

In all honesty, you're right though, I doubt he goes to Seattle. But I am willing to bet the Seahawks are Jay-Z's first call anyway.

To be precise, it's the greater of the average of the top 5 salaries at that player's position or 120 percent of the player's cap hit the previous year. So basically, there's no way we franchise him.

Yeah they screwed the pooch again, world's first where a FO puts themselves in a place where the franchise tag is not an option, literally giving themselves no leverage in negotiations. Tell me how Mayhew/Lewand are doing such a great job again.

Seattle didn't "need" to sign Avril either. They put a lot of their cap into their defense.

It really comes down to whether or not they just want him. If they do, the cap can be manipulated, and they can afford him.

In all honesty, you're right though, I doubt he goes to Seattle. But I am willing to bet the Seahawks are Jay-Z's first call anyway.

San Fran is my call if I'm Jay Z. Cowboy Smith is old and breaking down and they need that type to make there D run as it frees up Aldon Smith. They have a shitload of cap and can create a lot more unless I'm wrong.

That is true but Suh money is different than Avril money.

I agree, Cheeno. SF, that would be an automatic hate Suh for me though.

Last edited:
Back