Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The FIX is in!!!

They don't get a TD last 3 quarters but 1st down at the 30 and suddenly they could have scored. Lol. Yeah they also could have fumbled or thrown a pick 6.

Fucking total horseshit.... The Lions never got a shot up 20-17 with the ball on the 30 after THE MISSED CALL.... Lions were moving the ball and had a chance to put it away....

Total fix job... Stop being blind....

but they shit the bed for the final 3 quarters...yet you think they would have "put it away"? Stop being blind!

Shitty thing to pick up the flag without an explanation but the Lions had 3 quarters to score more than 6 points and they couldn't. This while Dallas was doing almost eveything they could to give the game away. Lions started the game great and stopped playing. Stop blaming that loss on one call!

I'm a little shocked that none of the espn guys are trying to cover the mistake but they're not...even Herm Edwards.

Or scored a TD of FG....
Point is the whole game changed there on probably the worst non call I have every seen...

They don't get a TD last 3 quarters but 1st down at the 30 and suddenly they could have scored. Lol. Yeah they also could have fumbled or thrown a pick 6.

The point is it was a bad call, what the lions do after is not clear, just want the obvious called.. then I like our odds

They were moving the ball that drive.... team was in FG range game changes ...

The Time for Dallas to score would have been different

The call changed the whole game and took it away from the team who was in winning at the time...

This call was beyond terrible. Not the only egregious non call of the 4th quarter. There was blatant holding missed on the Dallas go ahead TD. And on the last play for the Lions Calvin Johnson was held badly, practically tackled 10 yards down field.

First and ten at the thirty... I guess that is not a big deal in some guys minds....

Sure but why not let it play out then make it a fair contest and all, nope that prevents the opportunity.

more than ever, one well-timed subjective call or no call made by a single referee can alter the outcome of a vast majority of NFL games..

Totally controlled

First and ten at the thirty... I guess that is not a big deal in some guys minds....

Moving the ball on that drive at a good clip. Good chance at a game clinching TD. As good a chance as Romo's stripe assisted drive.

Score more than 3 points in thirty minutes of football.

One of our opportunities to do so was taken from us....That play happened on a drive. We had 5 drives in the second half, one was the random int that ended in one play. So you're looking at 20-25 % of our scoring opportunities in the second half taken from us.

How about they just go for it on 4th and 1? Dallas went for it on 4th and 6 and drove to take the lead. This team doesnt have any balls, they never step on their opponents neck when there up. Thats when you allow stuff like this to happen and you lose. They got up 14 zip and called the dogs off

How about they just go for it on 4th and 1? Dallas went for it on 4th and 6 and drove to take the lead. This team doesnt have any balls, they never step on their opponents neck when there up. Thats when you allow stuff like this to happen and you lose. They got up 14 zip and called the dogs off

I thought it was the right call to punt it. You are up 3 points and have a great defense. Why would you risk giving them the ball back at the 45 yard line. It just so happened our punter had his worst kick of the season and shanked a 10 yard punt.

Agreed. We didn't do ourselves any favors with the vanilla take no chances attitude.

The playcalling was awful. Where were the vertical plays to Calvin? Where were the screens that worked in the 1st half?

I get that flag was pathetic. But how about the team removes all doubt and actually, you know, scores points?

I've been watching football for 25 years and have never seen a call like that. That just doesn't happen. That was PI and 15 yards on dez. If my dumbdass knows that, then so did the professionally trained referees.

You can say that good teams overcome bad calls, and that blaming the referees is a losers mentality. You can even assert that I have aluminium foil on my head. That call flipped the field in the Cowboys favor and impacted the result.

Nobody is suggsting that the lions didn't have thier share of fk ups and yes once again lombardis offense and calls were terrible how many damn times are you going to run on 1st and ten with bush for little to no gain before you figure out he sucks ffs some of these coaches are just plain idiotic and so damn conservative playing not to lose NEVER WORKS!..but seriously that call sealed it, instead of it being fair and balanced the chance to take a huge step to win it was taken from them, then all the. Missed holding calls on Dallas last TD drive which won't get discussed much were also huge and helped Dallas seal it..

Lions weren't able to over come thier own offensive shit caller and the zebras..I'm not going to say same ol lions though I thought they fought hard I'm just saying the entertianment league decided they wanted Dallas Green Bay or they owed jones a favor, paid off ref, party bus idk the reason rather just that it is

And with that meh that's it

Last edited:
So the ref who threw the flag looked up at the video screen and watched the replay and then picked up the flag based on that, WTF? They are not allowed to do that, this guy needs to be fired tonight.

Back