Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official Air Force vs ][V][ichigan Game Thread

I don't care what service academy you play. These guys are such a pain in the ass to play.

Per sam webb

Per @SteveClarke02, with that TD, the Michigan offense has taken the season touchdown lead over Michigan's defense & special teams, 5-4

He can run routes a bit, but he was like 15 yards wide open and basically just had to not drop it. I wouldn't call that "nice". My issue with him is that he doesn't stand out in any way. He sucks at returns, he drops anything with somewhat coverage. I think he is probably assignment sound, can block, and like I said he does run nice routes. But so far he is our most targeted receiver, without much production.
Yet last year you thought he and the rest of the freshman wr class was more talented than the outgoing seniors. Hmmm

After 3 games now I think we can say that the defense is really good, the special teams are good and the fg kicker is great, and the offense is not very good and is not showing signs of getting better. The offense is going to have to improve dramatically if there is any hopes of winning vs PSU, Wiscy, and OSU.

The offense sucks, IMO due to the playcalling. Zero creativity. No first down play action, was a non stop effort to get the ground game going.

Speight wasn't great, but the WRs had some bad drops. Didn't help him at all.

The offense sucks, IMO due to the playcalling. Zero creativity. No first down play action, was a non stop effort to get the ground game going.

Speight wasn't great, but the WRs had some bad drops. Didn't help him at all.

Why do we need to be creative against Air Force? Why can't we just execute the plays that are called? To dismiss this as purely playcalling is ignoring larger issues in my opinion. The OLine looks awful at times, and Speight's confidence looks to be at an all time low.

Why do we need to be creative against Air Force? Why can't we just execute the plays that are called? To dismiss this as purely playcalling is ignoring larger issues in my opinion. The OLine looks awful at times, and Speight's confidence looks to be at an all time low.

Yep, it was a total team effort. The running, run-blocking, passing, pass-blocking, play-calling, and execution all totally stunk.

Oh yeah, and the receivers dropped some passes, too, a couple of the ones that weren't thrown out of bounds for no reason.

I think the offense can be good. But this play calling is absolute shit.

Nice win vs a team that played much tougher than expected.

As far as the offense goes....i was glad to see evans less. Now you need to feature Black, Perry and Peoples-Jones in the passing game with Gentry running his crossing routes. Perry is just a much better version of Crawford at this point in time....no need for him to be on the field right now.

Pass pro hasnt been great....which has caused most of the problems imo.

Im late to the party. Got done watching about a half hour ago. I think Im going to stop taping the games, because everytime I do, its too close of a game. Im just going to get 2hrs sleep and tough it out.

So, how many times do you get inside the 30, just to make irregular play calls. Drevno is really killing me. He passes when he should run and runs when he should pass. And nothing has been setting up play action at all. WTF? The OLine, as a whole, was more pathetic than usual. Even Cole missed a block that almost got Speight creamed. I think Speight played well. I know some will disagree, but he did not have any time at all. I cant blame him for not having confidence in this porous pass blocking. Ty Isaac, bless this man. He cannot catch a fucking break. Please dont be hurt, Ty Isaac!!

I know some will think Im crazy, but I was able to rewatch a lot of the plays. The defense played a bend but dont break defense. It was hard to tell what was used most, a 3-3-5 or a 3-5-3. This led to Michigan getting in the backfield, but it also led to guys getting blown off the ball and Air Force 1st downs. Too many. They had 15 total. I think that Don Brown was protecting Brian Mone from the constant chopblocks. When he was out there with Hurst, AF never got past the line of scrimmage and everything blew up in their face. I wish we could have seen more of this combo, but with the way AF blocks, the percentages that Mone got out of the game without hurting his knees again, were low. I hope the injuries on D were limited. The smaller players took a pounding against the option.

This game was ugly as fuck. I knew it wasn't going to be a gimme, but between the stupid penalties, multiple red zone fails, weird playcalling, and other assorted shit, I spent more time yelling obscenities and kicking my couch than I should have.

Post game or as comments available in Motoblur

Unfortunately they just have video and not typed summary

I miss typed summary as I would read it while watching other hints

Not everyone wants to play video/audio. Some of us read

Back