Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers 2017 Season Debacle, trades, releases and fired thread

The #Dodgers and #Cubs are in a bidding war now for #Tigers reliever Justin Wilson. Wilson will definitely be gone by tomorrow.

I've been seeing that the Cubs top prospect Jeimer Candelario 1B/3B is being linked to deals with Detroit. Avila may also be involved in the deal.

Not sure what we got but Avila, career year and struggles in last month, will probably be back to normal soon. Wilson, I don't mind him being gone so it's probably a good deal.

Nice to see us get some actual infield prospects in our system. Wonder if Lugo could handle 2B?

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...closer-justin-wilson-catcher-alex-avila-trade

Way better haul than what we got for J.D. Surprising we take two more 3B-types after getting Lugo. If I am Castellanos, I would be worried about my future.

Castellanos to First Base, Cabrera to DH.

I like what the Tigers got in this trade. The giant hole in our minor league system has been infielders for years, we've added a hand full of guys now that can play those positions.

Still want to see us dump some payroll, but the organization is doing some of the right things finally. And the good thing about getting multiple prospects at the same position is that you get to see them up close and keep the ones you know are the best while trading the others at a later date.

Is someone going to offer anything for JV?

For Detroit, catcher John Hicks and righty Joe Jimenez will come up to fill the roster openings.

JJ - 16 appearances dating back to June 24 since he's given up a run, nice I like!

I think the Tigers are probably done. Pretty pathetic that a team only had 3 assets that contending teams are willing to trade for....and one was a backup catcher!

I think the Tigers are probably done. Pretty pathetic that a team only had 3 assets that contending teams are willing to trade for....and one was a backup catcher!

That's the way it works. If we had more assets we wouldn't have been sellers..

that's not always true. There are teams that are shitty but still have players that other teams want. Look at the White Sox.

Outside the White Sox who has traded more players than Detroit? Meaning 4.

Last edited:
Back