Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers Deal Price to Toronto for 3 Lefthanders

swami45

Rosenthal and Heyman are reporting a deal to send Price to Toronto is close. Top 20 pitching prospect Daniel Norris is believed to headline the package going back to Detroit.

scouts must love his raw stuff because his minor league numbers are not good

He lead all of the minor leagues in K/9 last season. Apparently two or three other players may be included.

Done deal now according to Heyman.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Jon Morosi @jonmorosi 3m3 minutes ago
A #BlueJays offer of LHP Daniel Norris, LHP Matt Boyd, and CF Anthony Alford may be enough to get David Price from #Tigers.

not bad for giving up on 11 starts

Absolutely. Norris was their top pitching prospect, he's a lefty, and is under team control through 2021. Not sure where the others project out, but he was worth the trade on his own, IMHO.

Awesome, now we can say the Tigers best prospect lives in a van down by the Detroit River

Apparently Soria is being shopped now currently.

Good! If we can sell off Soria, Cespedes, Avila, and maybe even Kinsler for top prospects or young starters, we'll be looking good for years to come. I'm impressed with the haul on Price. We supposedly are getting their #1 and #4 prospects. Don't know where the other kid ranks.

Absolutely. Norris was their top pitching prospect, he's a lefty, and is under team control through 2021. Not sure where the others project out, but he was worth the trade on his own, IMHO.

Wins now are always more expensive than wins later

Mayt Boyd and Jairo Labourt two other lefties coming with Norris in the deal. Its a 3 for 1

Blue jays take on his salary for the year as well. Labrout was in the futures game, has some good stuff

Norris is the #2 ranked lhp prospect in all of baseball. He's the #18 overall prospect.

Boyd was their #11 overall pospect

Jairo Labourt was Toronto's #19 overall prospect.

This is the kind of deal we needed. If Soria and Cespedas can garner half as much together as Price did we could completely change the landscape of our farm system.

Last edited:
Back