Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers have dominanted the AL Central

newton83

46-21 ... but how have we done against the rest? 41-41, an even .500. Is that a point of concern? I have no idea; I think they'll be fine given the way they've been playing lately. But it did make me pause and reconsider things amidst these good times.

newton83 said:
46-21 ... but how have we done against the rest? 41-41, an even .500. Is that a point of concern? I have no idea; I think they'll be fine given the way they've been playing lately. But it did make me pause and reconsider things amidst these good times.

it's all about pitching and I love our chance in the playoffs. Send in JV and Fister and that's basically two automatic wins. Max can also shut em down at times. And with our bats, I don't think we're ever out of the game.

Automatic? You can't take away the way they pitched and JV has nasty stuff. But it'd be tougher against those ALE offensive teams. Not worried because I think JV can shutdown anyone but I still remember 1987.

I don't care how or who they beat, all that matters is getting in the playoffs. After that it's a whole different ballgame.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]
it's all about pitching and I love our chance in the playoffs. Send in JV and Fister and that's basically two automatic wins. Max can also shut em down at times. And with our bats, I don't think we're ever out of the game.

No. As awesome as JV has been this year, the Tigers are 1-4 against TEX, BOS, and NYY in games where Verlander pitches.

if JV is 1-4 in past of this year then he ought to go 4-0 in payoffs against them!! Just the law of averages.

Anybody can win in the playoffs.

Just get there and see what happens.

Back