Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers sign Fielder?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its an exciting day. Tom, get on board.. And btw, how much are you paying for this contract?

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]
tomdalton22 said:
Sorry I don't just blindly follow the masses. I am very surprised that they did this...it really doesn't make too much sense to me. If you are going to throw $20 million a year at somebody I don't think you do it for a DH.

Do yourself a favor and go to baseball reference and look at Princes numbers.. it will make you very happy... With victor going down we had to do something...

I love his offensive ability. I just hate thinking about Miggy playing 3B. He was terrible when he played 3B when he was younger.

Prince Fielder Has a not played less then 157 games in the last six seasons.

johnny2x2x said:
tomdalton22 said:
Are you dense? Miggy or Fielder will be the DH. Each one makes $20 million. Therefore...you have a $20 million DH.

No, it's been reported Miggy is moving to 3rd where he previously was a very good fielder there. I don't expect him to be good there, but he'll be good enough.

He was a terrible 3B.

tomdalton22 said:
[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]

Do yourself a favor and go to baseball reference and look at Princes numbers.. it will make you very happy... With victor going down we had to do something...

I love his offensive ability. I just hate thinking about Miggy playing 3B. He was terrible when he played 3B when he was younger.

I disagree, Cabby was an above average 3rd baseman in Florida. Not that he'd be good anymore, but he can be serviceable, maybe 10th out of 15 in the AL.

Edit: Alright I looked up his stats in FL and he was pretty bad there in his 2 full seasons with an OK .957 in 2006 but then a below average .941 fielding % in 2007. Yeah, pretty bad, but I think he'll get a shot there anyways.

His career at 3rd base is .951 as opposed to Brandon Inge at .961. Not a huge difference although I suspect Brandon has a lot better range.

I'll take 40 errors and a fielding range of 0 with him at 3B. Inge is out, a bonus, and when Vmart is back -- yeah baby.

johnny2x2x said:
tomdalton22 said:

I disagree, Cabby was an above average 3rd baseman in Florida. Not that he'd be good anymore, but he can be serviceable, maybe 10th out of 15 in the AL.

He will be last in the AL at 3B.

tomdalton22 said:
johnny2x2x said:

So. Better than last at hitting at 3B, like Inge.

Does anyone know if Miggy or Prince have no-trade clauses? If they don't we could have a huge bargaining chip next off-season :) We will still need a 2b and another corner OF next season, unless DY lights it up and we give him an extension and if a couple of the young pitchers look ready we have more chips or we trade VMart for a prospect or 2, lots of options.

You guys forget Cabrera is 40-50 lbs heavier than when he was a Marlin 3Bman.

Honestly, I'd rather see him stay at 1B, and Prince DH.

I can't imagine him at 3B no matter how hard he tried to get in shape, maybe corner OF is more plausible.

I think VMart is traded next year when he's healthy. Just my opinion. Only way this all makes sense

Yeah, I don't know whre guys are going to play or hit, especially if V mart makes it back, but wow, what a lineup we have!!!

Can you imagine the pitches Cabby is going to see with a left handed hitter who mashes behind him?

Love this signing, LOVE it! This guy Prince is young, right in the middle of his prime, extremely durable, and hits left-handed! Couldn't ask for more, plus now we can be rid of Inge as an everyday player!!! I can't wait to see how the fans at CoPa embrace the Prince as one of our own, welcome home!

mikem2780 said:
I think VMart is traded next year when he's healthy. Just my opinion. Only way this all makes sense
I mentioned this earlier but i bet they just have Cabrera lose weight and move to 3B and have V-Mart full DH.

[color=#551A8B said:
Rich what? Richmond![/color]]So whats our lineup looking like? Do we still need to grab a 2B?

Tigers lineup is gonna be stacked....like your gifpic.

Just saw this on espn. OMG im so happy right now its ridiculous. Cabrera and fielder?

tomdalton22 said:
johnny2x2x said:

Defensively yeah, but overall he'd be behind only Longoria as an overall player.

But I'd imagine he ends up in the OF most likely.

They'll try him at 3rd, but I could see him in right, he's got the arm for it, and if he's in good enough shape to play 3rd he'd be good enough for the OF.

It's really only for 2 years too, and maybe even one.

I could see them trading V-Mart after next season to clear up the DH role, especially if Castellanos lives up to their expectations.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Its an exciting day. Tom, get on board.. And btw, how much are you paying for this contract?

I'm all for the signing, but the Tigers will be paying him over $20 million a year into the next decade. Hopefully Mr I and/or his money is still around then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back