Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. Cubs August 25, 2020 Game 28

kalinecountry

Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Boston Celtics
Tigers Confirmed Lineup:
LF Victor Reyes S
2B J. Schoop R
DH M. Cabrera R
1B J. Candelario S
SS Niko Goodrum S
CF JaCoby Jones R
RF C. Maybin R
C A. Romine R
3B I. Paredes R
P Spencer Turnbull R

Cubs Confirmed Lineup:
CF Ian Happ S
1B A. Rizzo L
SS Javier Baez R
LF K. Schwarber L
C W. Contreras R
RF J. Heyward L
DH V. Caratini S
3B David Bote R
2B Jason Kipnis L
P Tyler Chatwood R

https://www.blessyouboys.com/2020/8...icks-matchups-and-more-is-matthew-boyd-broken
Tigers vs. Cubs Preview: Detroit turns to Spencer Turnbull to even series.
Turnbull looks to right the ship after a pair of tough outings.
BYBTB

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/cubs-vs...view,lock_state=preview,game_tab=,game=631467
Gameday.

Miggy with a single to right 1-0

Jones sac fly to right, 2-0.

Left the bases loaded, but 2 runs is 2 runs

Isaac Paredes draws his 3rd walk of the season. He leads the Tigers, and ranks 12th in MLB, with an average of 4.59 pitches per plate appearance. (Minimum of 20 PAs).

With his RBI single in the 1st inning, Miguel Cabrera now has 1,708 RBI in his Major League career, breaking a tie with Adri?n Beltr? for 21st in MLB history.

I know that would have been a tough catch by Reyes but it cost Turnbull 10 extra pitches.

Our hitters as a whole are not major league level. Obviously I'm not telling you anything you don't know. Except for Schoop and Parades who else is there?

Our hitters as a whole are not major league level. Obviously I'm not telling you anything you don't know. Except for Schoop and Parades who else is there?

Well Tigers have after they all got hits tonight, have all three out fielders hitting above .206. Not sure that could be the first time this season . and as I was thing about writing this post. What do you know Schoop blast one a grammy. Just really do not know what can happen. And o btw Turnbull pitch good enough as well.

Schoop with a grand slam inm the bot 6th Tigers lead 7-0...after SP Turnbull yanked one out short of s QS with the score 2-0 and runner on second, Spencer unhappy about Gardy's hook.

Last edited:
Tigers win ! I really like Schoop. I know we will probably trade him but him and Cron we decent 1 year signing. I just don’t understand our organization hitting Philosophy. Strike out a lot I guess lol, and don’t walk.

Good win tonight. Finally got a starter into the 6th, very good bullpen work and actually got some timely hitting. A win tomorrow gives us a two series wins in a row. Big question is will the bats show up for two games in a row.

Tigers win ! I really like Schoop. I know we will probably trade him but him and Cron we decent 1 year signing. I just don’t understand our organization hitting Philosophy. Strike out a lot I guess lol, and don’t walk.

Well it is pretty easly to fgure, see ball mss ball. Its the "I" eyes you got to have to make snce.

Last edited:
Back