Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs Nats 5-9-2016 Game 31

Rebbiv

Last edited:
Dan Dickerson and Jack Morris doing the TV broadcast for tonight's game.

DET #2 hitters for the season (worst in AL)

.184 BAVG .235 OBP .280 SLG .515 OPS 6 GIDP

Castellanos batting cleanup hits a 2-run homer.

Surprise....Upton, batting 5th, strikes out to end the inning.

I've been a Nick supporter. He's the biggest bright spot for the team. In his way to an all star season.

We're about the only ones. I never got why he took so much hate from some of the people here. He's 24 and was improving every year.

We're about the only ones. I never got why he took so much hate from some of the people here. He's 24 and was improving every year.

Mostly because of his defense. Now he is improving and that's a good thing.

Now back to you for always looking to stir something up. It's gets old.
You can't be this misereable in real life.

Mostly because of his defense. Now he is improving and that's a good thing.

Now back to you for always looking to stir something up. It's gets old.
You can't be this misereable in real life.

I'm not being disrespectful to anyone here so I'd appreciate the same from you.

Just got an alert that Strasburg got a 7 year 175 million extension seconds before that pitch to JD lol

I wish Machado was hitting in AAA, I'd send Igleseas down for a while.

That 6-9 is pretty weak when we play in the NL, especially when Iggy is struggling.

the bottom of the lineup is a black hole, it just kills us. we can still score runs but we'd be winning a lot more games with just any production from McCann/Gose/Igleseas.

I'm not big on RBI as a stat but Igleseas has 2 in around 100 plate appearances. On pace for 10-12 if he plays the whole year? have you ever seen anything that bad for a regular player? it's not just an indictment of him but the hitters in front of him as well.

DET's 7 thru 9 hitters this year rank 28th in MLB OPS, ahead of TOR and ATL, but just barely. They are last in BAVG.

I'm not being disrespectful to anyone here so I'd appreciate the same from you.

You should practice what you are asking for.

Your dig was directed at me and possible other poster.
You and I posted/argued about Castellanos' lack of defense for the last 2 years.
So yeah, but you just couldn't help but throw your troll line out there.

If Castellanos had his detractors on this board I'd think they would say something along the lines of that they were happy to be wrong about him.

You should practice what you are asking for.

Your dig was directed at me and possible other poster.
You and I posted/argued about Castellanos' lack of defense for the last 2 years.
So yeah, but you just couldn't help but throw your troll line out there.

Ron, this is a sports forum. People are gonna disagree. I'm not gonna go down this road with you again. I didn't direct anything at you. Just stop

If Castellanos had his detractors on this board I'd think they would say something along the lines of that they were happy to be wrong about him.

It is still early. In 2006 there was a young 26-yr old Tiger with very similar stats around May 9th, and he was replaced by Sean Casey by the end of July.

Castellanos is currently ranked 26th in UZR/150. So metrically speaking, if he improved defensively it hasn't been by much.

Offensively, he has been above rational expectations. He is carrying a very high and unsustainable BABIP, especially against RHP.

He is hitting very well and that is good for the Tigers and they should ride him while he is hot, as they should any player who is hot. But making any judgements one way or the other this soon in a season is just folly.

Back