Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. royals 9-24-16 Game 154

Oh but we do, we all know it all too well. Lol its ok though life goes on its just a game..just knew when it felt like it should be a lot more than just 3-1 earlier this was shaping up to suck today

Are you giving up on the Tigers too?

No one is giving up but we have a right to be pissed. 14 lobs. A closer who caves in after the score is tied. The team can't beat KC or Cleveland much this season . No we Will watch Sunday but we can still be pissed.

Last edited:
Yeah, but come on man...led the whole game to blow it one strike away? Of course it doesn't mean the Tigers are out, but a loss like this leaves a mark...

Didn't the lions do that last Sunday also, lead the whole game then hacked up a fur ball late. Hate games like that when your lulled into assuming win then blamo..boot to the head!....but we really should be fully accustom to it all by now though, it doesn't hurt

No one is giving up but we have a right to be pissed. 14 lobs. A closer who caves in after the score is tied. The team can't beat KC or Cleveland much this season . No we Wil watch Sunday but we can still be pissed.

I'm more hurt and disappointed than I am angry...

No one is giving up but we have a right to be pissed. 14 lobs. A closer who caves in after the score is tied. The team can't beat KC or Cleveland much this season . No we Will watch Sunday but we can still be pissed.

It was just towards tigermud because he gave up on the NFL. Be pissed, it's allowed.

It was just towards tigermud because he gave up on the NFL. Be pissed, it's allowed.

I will watch the tigers tomorrow and completely ignore the lions, I will be happy if the tigers still make the post season.

Last edited:
Anyways...I've had a couple beers now and Michigan is rolling...so I'll weep over this loss a little more then move on...

Don't tell any of the Spartans who are mutual Tiger fans on this board, but it didn't break my heart very much after doing some business this morning to find out that the Spartans got obliterated by Wisconsin...of course, not because of any rivalry stuff because the Spartans aren't really our rival, but just because any team in our division losing to any team in the other division is mathematically advantageous for us...obviously...no snarkyness to the Spartans at all.

Still, don't tell any of the Spartans on this board...

I will watch the tigers tomorrow and completely ignore the lions

The thing about the NFL that bothers me now is the stupid kneeling and fist pump. And the 3 articles a day that talk about it.

The thing about the NFL that bothers me now is the stupid kneeling and fist pump. And the 3 articles a day that talk about it.

Yeah I haven't cared too much for that either, just another reason of many others to stop watching I guess...

I don't care about the kneeling and the fist pumping. The (more than) three articles a day about it are really, really annoying though.

Jays and spanks tied 0-0 going to the seventh, if the jays and 0's could both lose today that would be great

Anyways, I'll be going to Hollywood soon to Jimmy Kimmel's and Adam Corolla's San Genarro Feast of LA. I think I'm gonna have some fried calimari and a couple pops.

I have business tomorrow AM so I won't be catching either the Tigers or the Lions, but I guess I'll be checking in on the GameCasts on my hand held device.

Anyways, I'll be going to Hollywood soon to Jimmy Kimmel's and Adam Corolla's San Genarro Feast of LA. I think I'm gonna have some fried calimari and a couple pops.

I have business tomorrow AM so I won't be catching either the Tigers or the Lions, but I guess I'll be checking in on the GameCasts on my hand held device.

Is this the A-listers?

Is this the A-listers?

No, man, it's a huge fun event and open to the public.

The wife and I go just about every year.

Not that they don't allow you in if you're an A lister.

Kimmel and Corolla are the honorary hosts every year; it's held in the Hollywood High parking lot, a block away from the Chinese Theater and Dolby Theater where the Oscars are hosted and the Hollywood Highland Mall.

Feast of LA.

EDIT: Plus everybody is an A-lister in their own way.

Last edited:
This game reminded me of game 5 of the '86 ALCS(only playoff game I've ever been to), Angels up 5-2 in the 9th, Donnie Moore comes in to close it out at 5-4 with a man on, up comes Dave Henderson....boom. Angels were 1 strike away a couple of times, that historic pitch to Henderson was not a bad pitch, Henderson just reached out and got enough for it to carry. Angels went on to get smoked the next 2 in Boston. 'course the RedSox went on to eat their own shit in the WS that year(Buckner).

Back