Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. royals Game Thread August 6

Sometimes Jim can really make some dumb decisions. A Pinch runner may score on the double...

tigers99888 said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]

The next guy hit it off the wall. Which is why JV had 3 earned runs.
And you don't think having to endure an error(let's call it what it is) had anything to do with it?

Nope. Both runs would have scored anyway.

Right knee sprain for Vmart, Radio says better then ankle.

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]Sometimes Jim can really make some dumb decisions. A Pinch runner may score on the double...

I get what you're saying Bob, but in a 1 run game i sure as hell don't want him pulling our best hitter.

So as far as I'm concerned, you can;t Pinch Run for him there, maybe not send him home though.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
tigers99888 said:
I actually agree, but who knows.. Maybe Valverde is totally lights out for once..

For once. The guys perfect.
I mean allowing no baserunners.. And wow a DP.. Wtf Miggy. Goddammit..

Jackson flys to deep center,

Boesch walks,

Kelly singles to center,

Cabrera with another dp on the first pitch,
F***********************,

Tigers lead 4 - 3.

MI_Thumb said:
[quote="biggunsbob":63iqyl7f]Sometimes Jim can really make some dumb decisions. A Pinch runner may score on the double...

I get what you're saying Bob, but in a 1 run game i sure as hell don't want him pulling our best hitter.

So as far as I'm concerned, you can;t Pinch Run for him there, maybe not send him home though.[/quote:63iqyl7f]

Another reason Leyland is hesitant to pinch run for Victor is that if Avila gets hurt then Martinez can't catch.

and there it is.....miggys GIDP. Hopefully the inability to get hits with runners in scoring position and less than 2 outs doesnt come back to bite us this game.

bdtay71 said:
MI_Thumb said:

So as far as I'm concerned, you can;t Pinch Run for him there, maybe not send him home though.

Another reason Leyland is hesitant to pinch run for Victor is that if Avila gets hurt then Martinez can't catch.

That too.

Good call.

Victor was not going to bat again and if his spot did it means the Tigers had scored some runs... The pinch runner had a way better chance to score on a double we know VM is not going to score on... God it is managing 101....

Heeere we go into the bottom of the 9th with a slim lead again.

:-/

Back