Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Today's example of Christians behaving badly

you could, but you won't because you take no joy in attacking your own religion of big government and all it's failing institutions. There's a reason there's only one thread specifically targeting one group. Of course you will never admit that you're the most hateful bigot that posts here, but it's obvious to anyone who is paying attention.
He tried posting a Christians behaving well thread, but I might have derailed it reciting Fresh Prince lyrics.

He tried posting a Christians behaving well thread, but I might have derailed it reciting Fresh Prince lyrics.

Have noticed that people of your generation are particularly proud of knowing all the lyrics to that theme song.

Name calling is not very Christian...

Hey, I think this is the first time we've had a Christian behaving badly LIVE, in the "Christians behaving badly" thread!

calling you a hateful bigot isn't name calling, it's a statement of fact - no need to make mention of that in the confessional.

I forgot about that.

Hey, yeah, what the hell? But still I'm the "most hateful bigot" who posts here?

No good deed...

Not sure where to put this... Mormons count as Christians right?

Apparently Mormon school teacher in Utah makes 9-year-old Catholic boy wash the Ash Wednesday ashes off his forehead, and is later forced to apologize (link).

Not sure where to put this... Mormons count as Christians right?

Apparently Mormon school teacher in Utah makes 9-year-old Catholic boy wash the Ash Wednesday ashes off his forehead, and is later forced to apologize (link).

kBJHN9p.png

Huh.

that chart is going to take me a while to get my head around. dang.

Huh.

that chart is going to take me a while to get my head around. dang.

Or you could just get a nice loose necklace with a star of David on it.

As opposed to getting your head around at the chart, you could just put the necklace around and over your head.

Or you could just get a nice loose necklace with a star of David on it.

As opposed to getting your head around at the chart, you could just put the necklace around and over your head.

atheists aren't on the chart though. not at all.

atheists aren't on the chart though. not at all.

Atheists wouldn?t be on the chart.

The fundamental tenet of Judaism is the believe in the existence of the God of Abraham, which Christians and Islamics and Mormons also believe.

The chart doesn?t tell who the founding prophets of those three offshoots of Judaism are, but I think we all know.

There was no prophet who specifically founded the religion of Atheism-that prophet doesn?t exist.

95 members of the Missouri House of Representatives passed a bill authorizing the use of state resources and power to force their preferred religion on people. that's not very Christian.

this is just SUPER dumb reasoning:
Christian activists and other supporters of the bill pointed to the Bible?s significance in global history and Western values to justify teaching it in public schools. ?The Koran doesn?t come up in the plays of Shakespeare,? Chuck Stetson, founder of the Bible Literacy Project, told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.​

95 members of the Missouri House of Representatives passed a bill authorizing the use of state resources and power to force their preferred religion on people. that's not very Christian.

this is just SUPER dumb reasoning:
Christian activists and other supporters of the bill pointed to the Bible?s significance in global history and Western values to justify teaching it in public schools. ?The Koran doesn?t come up in the plays of Shakespeare,? Chuck Stetson, founder of the Bible Literacy Project, told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.​

I don't think this should be on the Christians behaving badly thread. Maybe create a stupid politician thread???

And Today we have an Extremely Texas update:

Pastor, wife shoot and kill alleged burglar at their Houston home

Matthew 5:39 But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also.

Matthew 26:52 Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.

Not a great Way to set an example for one's flock...

Matthew 5:39 But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also.

Matthew 26:52 Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.

yup...but I'll bet that guy doesn't break into your Houston area home.

Would have it been better if they were shot and killed? It's hard to quantify being scared for your life from others on the internet. I've never used a gun before but the law says you have a right to protect yourself on your own property.

The context of MT 5:39 is personal vengeance, not self-defense, which Catholic Church teaching expressly endorses and even labels it as dutiful. A little, even casual research would suffice to illustrate. Jesus Himself constantly resisted evil, until his Passion.

As for MT 26:52, that's in context to challenging civil authority, as Peter was doing here.

BR must have offered little in the way of meaning scripture study, or you simply dismissed it.

The context of MT 5:39 is personal vengeance, not self-defense, which Catholic Church teaching expressly endorses and even labels it as dutiful. A little, even casual research would suffice to illustrate. Jesus Himself constantly resisted evil, until his Passion.

As for MT 26:52, that's in context to challenging civil authority, as Peter was doing here.

BR must have offered little in the way of meaning scripture study, or you simply dismissed it.

The Reverend and Mrs. Powers are Methodists though? do the same rules apply?

The Reverend and Mrs. Powers are Methodists though… do the same rules apply?

Catholic Church teaching applies to everyone. It's simply a matter of believing and accepting that. Few do, including too many Catholics.

Last edited:
Back