Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Today's example of Christians behaving badly

I'd quibble more with his claim their intent is to bring the church down.

I think their intent is to prey on children; the church, because of its secrecy, and relationship to the public, including the public's trust (which is completely undeserved at this point) is just a means to an end for them.

I don?t think it?s the intent for all of them.

Just the ones who are predatory pedophiles.

I would go farther and submit that predatory anything should not be priests.

Being a a predator and being a priest seems to me counterintuitive.

It?s like giving a wolf a staff and telling him to go herd the sheep.

Well, you know, I agree. But I was isolating a subset that if getting a lot of attention.

I'd quibble more with his claim their intent is to bring the church down.

I think their intent is to prey on children; the church, because of its secrecy, and relationship to the public, including the public's trust (which is completely undeserved at this point) is just a means to an end for them.

NO, that is the one and only aim and it goes beyond the abuse. The heritcal abuse is as rampant in many circles, even now. Especially now, actually. They are interrelated, but also distinguishable.

NO, that is the one and only aim and it goes beyond the abuse. The heritcal abuse is as rampant in many circles, even now. Especially now, actually. They are interrelated, but also distinguishable.

Sounds a little bit Robert Langdon-esque-predatory pedophiles thinking beyond their immediate sick criminal urges to collude together in an international conspiracy?

I think it?s more the way Michamp has it-the church provides good cover.

Sounds a little bit Robert Langdon-esque-predatory pedophiles thinking beyond their immediate sick criminal urges to collude together in an international conspiracy?

I think it?s more the way Michamp has it-the church provides good cover.

School of Darkness, Bella Dodd.

It provided good cover because of who was providing the cover.

Last edited:
Oh, no, you did not. Right?

I was going to reply that I would wait for the movie to come out, but I thought I should look up Bella Dodd first and find out who she was.

So as I was reading her bio, it occurred to me ?hang on here a second-I DID see that movie!?

Awful (link):
A US missionary has been accused of lying about being a medical professional while treating children in Uganda after more than 100 babies allegedly died at her facility.​

"Allegedly"... the article does include pictures of her posing with Ugandan children while wearing a lab coat, and quotes deleted blog posts where she wrote about treating children. She's being sued in Uganda.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awful (link):
A US missionary has been accused of lying about being a medical professional while treating children in Uganda after more than 100 babies allegedly died at her facility.​

"Allegedly"... the article does include pictures of her posing with Ugandan children while wearing a lab coat, and quotes deleted blog posts where she wrote about treating children. She's being sued in Uganda.

late term abortions?

today's example:
A Christian nonprofit has stated that two managers knew for years that an employee had confessed to a history of sexual offenses against minors but still allowed him to serve their organization as a missionary to Haiti.​
It only gets worse from there.

Matthew, 18 verse 6: "If anyone causes one of these little ones?those who believe in me?to stumble, it would be better for them to have a large millstone hung around their neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea.

"Christian comedian" (bet he's REALLY funny), the aptly named "Paul Crist" admits to "sinful behavior" with multiple women. in his own words:
Over the past number of years, various women have accused me of behavior that has been hurtful to them," Crist said in a lengthy statement to Charisma News, following a bombshell report involving at least five accusers.

"While I am not guilty of everything I?ve been accused of, I confess to being guilty of this ? I have treated relationships with women far too casually, in some cases even recklessly. My behavior has been destructive and sinful," Crist added. "I?ve sinned against God, against women and the people who I love the most. I have violated my own Christian beliefs, convictions and values, and have hurt many people in the process."​

Fox News is all over this bombshell...

"Christian comedian" (bet he's REALLY funny), the aptly named "Paul Crist" admits to "sinful behavior" with multiple women. in his own words:
Over the past number of years, various women have accused me of behavior that has been hurtful to them," Crist said in a lengthy statement to Charisma News, following a bombshell report involving at least five accusers.

"While I am not guilty of everything I?ve been accused of, I confess to being guilty of this ? I have treated relationships with women far too casually, in some cases even recklessly. My behavior has been destructive and sinful," Crist added. "I?ve sinned against God, against women and the people who I love the most. I have violated my own Christian beliefs, convictions and values, and have hurt many people in the process."​

Fox News is all over this bombshell...

Never heard of him...but he?s certainly guilty of not being very funny here.

Today's Example: the Catholic church is misusing funds donated by the faithful to help the poor to instead fund it's own operations, because they can't manage their own budget. (LINK)

I guess regularly polishing their collection of gold-plated toilets is getting expensive.

Psalm 101:7 No one who practices deceit will dwell in my house; no one who speaks falsely will stand in my presence.

Romans 16:18 For such people are not serving our Lord Christ, but their own appetites. By smooth talk and flattery they deceive the minds of naive people.

Today's Example: the Catholic church is misusing funds donated by the faithful to help the poor to instead fund it's own operations, because they can't manage their own budget. (LINK)

I guess regularly polishing their collection of gold-plated toilets is getting expensive.

Psalm 101:7 No one who practices deceit will dwell in my house; no one who speaks falsely will stand in my presence.

Romans 16:18 For such people are not serving our Lord Christ, but their own appetites. By smooth talk and flattery they deceive the minds of naive people.

the Catholic church is a fraud just like every other church. Don't get me started on their tax exempt status. In my town a movie theater was purchased by some fly by night church for about $2.5M. They don't have to pay any property taxes which would be about $70k a year. It's horse shit.

The Vatican, and, specifically, a donation called Peters' Pence. And PF argues that investments that are sound are legitimate use of the funds. I can't agree. And I speculate that the invested funds likely support causes counter to Church teaching. More examples of the "troubled" vicariate of this pope. Disastrous is more accurate. But the Church will survive. However, most headlines and your opening statement is misleading.

the Catholic church is a fraud just like every other church. Don't get me started on their tax exempt status. In my town a movie theater was purchased by some fly by night church for about $2.5M. They don't have to pay any property taxes which would be about $70k a year. It's horse shit.

But you likely also believe that the Church should refrain from expressing political opinions and that its faithful "keep their beliefs to themselves." Government expressly does not tax religious organizations for two reasons 1) the good they perform in the community and 2) to limit unnecessary interdependence with them. Taxing religious organizations would limit their ability to assist the poor--and they do to a substantial degree -- and would unduly influence government "we pay our taxes!"

But you likely also believe that the Church should refrain from expressing political opinions and that its faithful "keep their beliefs to themselves." Government expressly does not tax religious organizations for two reasons 1) the good they perform in the community and 2) to limit unnecessary interdependence with them. Taxing religious organizations would limit their ability to assist the poor--and they do to a substantial degree -- and would unduly influence government "we pay our taxes!"

Some politicians want to take away tax exempt status from churches who don?t perform gay weddings.

Some politicians want to take away tax exempt status from churches who don?t perform gay weddings.

I know. They want to tax churches and circumvent their beliefs at the same time. Not surprising. Don't expect "Catholics" like Pelosi and Biden to object.

Last edited:
Government expressly does not tax religious organizations for two reasons 1) the good they perform in the community and 2) to limit unnecessary interdependence with them. Taxing religious organizations would limit their ability to assist the poor--and they do to a substantial degree -- and would unduly influence government "we pay our taxes!"

I don't buy any of that. Good they do in the community? haha...most churches only do what's good for them. There seems to be a church on every corner...these big buildings with heat and water that sit empty 6 days a week while there are homeless people sleeping in the streets. Churches should open their doors and let the homeless sleep in their pews.

Back