Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Top 5 Prospects

everyoneneedsasmil

With 5 games left in the season, the Pistons are a full three games "ahead" in the race to the bottom of the standings. Notwithstanding a massive upset in these last games, the Pistons will end the season with the worst record. So, which are everyone's favorite five prospects in the draft? We can't fall lower than 5th, so no point picking more.

1) Wemby - Generational talent. May be the only way we avoid paying Wiseman.

2) Scoot - We can talk about fit, but he's a prime-Rose level talent.

3) Brandon Miller - Hopefully the worst of his influences will be in jail now. Still, probably an idiot. On the court, he's be a great fit as a sort of Jabari Smith-lite.

4) Cam Whitmore - Yes he's a black hole. But that team sucked, and he got better as he got more reps. Also very young.

5) Grady Dick - Best shooter in the draft. Has good size. Can do more than just shoot. Not a defender right now, but has high IQ. I don't trust the Thompsons who were 20 playing against high school talent. Grady could be a Klay Thompson type.

Last edited:
I?ll go with Jett Howard, for no particular reason.

Where is Jaime Jaquez Jr. Projected at?

Except for Wembanyama, that?s the only name I know except for the Michigan team.

Scoot is the one I wouldn't draft. Just no room for a guard with Cade and Ivey. It would be a waste if we used a high pick on Ivey just to have him come off the bench. Miller because you could use him as a small forward with his size. Or maybe draft Scoot and move Cade to a SF.

Last edited:
Scoot is the one I wouldn't draft. Just no room for a guard with Cade and Ivey. It would be a waste if we used a high pick on Ivey just to have him come off the bench. Miller because you could use him as a small forward with his size. Or maybe draft Scoot and move Cade to a SF.

Bogdanovic plays SF and is really the only good 3 point shooter on the team.

If they do get the #2 pick, I think they have to either take Scoot or entertain a trade. My guess is somebody in the top 5 would want to move up for Scoot (if he's as good as advertised)

If I'm running the Pistons...I take BPA and figure it out later. They just need to add talent.

I like Bog but they need a SF that is like Cade & Bog in one. Not just a good shot but someone who can move the ball.

I like Bog but they need a SF that is like Cade & Bog in one. Not just a good shot but someone who can move the ball.

I think Bog fits in good with Cade's game...a really good spot up shooter. Kind of like Lebron...his teams are always best when there is a sharp shooting 3 point shooter on the floor for spacing. You don't need everybody to have that ability, but you do need a few.

This off season is going to be very interesting. Bog could very well be traded.

well, the NBA lottery is tomorrow. Let's hope the Pistons get a top 2 pick
Based on recent history we won't get the top pick.. Not sure the last team who was the worst that got the 1 pick. Seems like's its been a bit. I don't think the draft ends with the top two though.

Based on recent history we won't get the top pick.. Not sure the last team who was the worst that got the 1 pick. Seems like's its been a bit. I don't think the draft ends with the top two though.

4 straight years from 2015-2018. Last being Phoenix getting Ayton in 2018.

Do you know if 2015-18 had the old lottery odds or the one we have now?

3 worst teams all have 14% chance. It doesn't fall off that much after that... couple percent.

I've never seen a 7'5" twig make it in the NBA....see chet holmgren. I wouldn't mind getting Brandon Miller at 2 if I'm being honest. Whitmore if we're 3-5.

Last edited:
The way the Pistons quit again the last half of the season, they deserved to get hosed.

Fuck this. At least Wemby gave us some hope, probably going to be a shitty bottom feeder until at least 2030.

Back