Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Verlander traded to Houston, TJ Surgery, Wins 2 WS, Wins 3rd Cy Young Now a Met

Or could it be that you yourself are more conservative than you were as a kid, mayhaps?

However, I have not read the newspaper or its online version in over 20 years, so whatever it is now is completely unknown to me.

No way I could be more conservative then I was even 20 years ago, let alone when I was kid. Still conservative but more moderate conservative these days.

No way I could be more conservative then I was even 20 years ago, let alone when I was kid. Still conservative but more moderate conservative these days.

And you live in AZ, not metro-Detroit, so why would you have any interest in what the News posts or prints, outside of sports?

And you live in AZ, not metro-Detroit, so why would you have any interest in what the News posts or prints, outside of sports?

Maybe because I lived in metro Detroit for 47 years, actually 45. I was a baby in Flint .. so I have an interest.

Last edited:
So you frequently read their editorial section?

Cmon now...

Never said that. But I keep up on metro Detroit happenings, and occasionally read an article from the News, non sports related. At least as much as I do in an editorial in the Arizona Republic.

Last edited:
Never said that. But I keep up on metro Detroit happenings, and occasionally read an article from the News, non sports related. At least as much as I do in an editorial in the Arizona Republic.

But "editorial" was what I had posted about, and was what you retorted to.

Anyway, the title in the DSR link that KC posted was somewhat misleading, since it was the News' sports reporters McCoskey and to a lesser degree, Henning, who were messing with the trade, not their news bosses.

Last edited:
I have been a Detroit Tiger fan my entire life. I will stick with them through thick and thin. There are some pretty lean times as of late. Short of getting a old English D tattooed on my left breast the one closest to my heart I will always be a fan. I just have one last request. When I die I request that the starting line up be my pallbearers. With the first baseman on my right side followed by second, then short stop.Then third. Then on the other side the catcher, left, center,and right field. Then have the pitcher at my feet. Then the team I love so much can let me down one more time. Then I can rest in peace.

Here's hoping they don't drop you in the process.

Verlander has been esp dominant vs the NL during his career, which explained why he preferred to be traded to the Dodgers or Cubs, but not in his WS starts vs the Cards and Giants, where he has an 0-2 record having started Game One on the road for both.

Verlander has been esp dominant vs the NL during his career, which explained why he preferred to be traded to the Dodgers or Cubs, but not in his WS starts vs the Cards and Giants, where he has an 0-2 record having started Game One on the road for both.

No DH I'd want to be traded to the NL as well..

Just saw JV in his 'Stros hat. Weird. I don't like it. No sir, I don't like it at all.

Back