Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Verlander

tigersofjustice

Surprised nobody is discussing how much he is struggling this year.

Walks up, strikeouts down, velocity down again, swinging strikes down, first pitch strikes down....not going well.

Any news on what is going on with him?

Is this likely still related to his off season surgery? Chances he will get better this year and/or next season?

Most likely related to the surgery. I read a few places that it can take up to a year to be fully back from it, and I believe I remember Hunter saying something similar.

His stuff has returned in his past two starts, but his control/command is still missing.

These are his stats his last 5 starts.

32 IP, 41 hits, 14 BB, 18K, 24 ER

1.72 WHIP
6.75 ERA

He has sucked ass. He is supposed to be the ace of the staff.

Verlander is pure garbage . DD's goal next year it to pull a miracle and get some team to trade for him and take that salary like they did with Fielder .

Cant throw strikes
Takes 110 pitches go get thru 5 innings ( without the strikeouts like in years past )
Ball is flat , gets hit hard every start now

Trade him asap while some teams still think hes worth a damn

Verlander is pure garbage . DD's goal next year it to pull a miracle and get some team to trade for him and take that salary like they did with Fielder .

Cant throw strikes
Takes 110 pitches go get thru 5 innings ( without the strikeouts like in years past )
Ball is flat , gets hit hard every start now

Trade him asap while some teams still think hes worth a damn
h10710BC8

PS: I like how you are adamant that the Fister trade can't be judged after 2 months of games but feel its perfectly fine to declare Verlander garbage and demand his trade after the same amount of time.

Last edited:
h10710BC8

PS: I like how you are adamant that the Fister trade can't be judged after 2 months of games but feel its perfectly fine to declare Verlander garbage and demand his trade after the same amount of time.

I guess you werent paying attention to last year and you dont have the ability to see that he has declined tremendously . All good , some people like you are just a tad slow in recognizing these types of things .

I guess you werent paying attention to last year and you dont have the ability to see that he has declined tremendously . All good , some people like you are just a tad slow in recognizing these types of things .
I guess you weren't paying attention to the last part of last year and the playoffs when he was dominant again after working out his issues. All good, some people like you are just more interested in trolling and/or are simply too stupid to have a clue about what youre talking about.

Last edited:
LOL oh spock you ignorant fool . Well like i said , if you cant see how diminished his "skills" are and think hes still the same pitcher as he was , then what can ya do !!

I can continue amusing myself by continuing to counter-trolling you. Im just bored enough to do it.

He just needs to dump Kate Upton and he'll go back to being an ace. It's clearly her fault.

I need to stop listening to 97.1

He just needs to dump Kate Upton and he'll go back to being an ace. It's clearly her fault.

I need to stop listening to 97.1

I don't know...If I were him I would keep dating her, keep buying exotic cars, collect my $20-$24M per year and just keep my 4.10 ERA. Hell, it's a guaranteed contact!

Verlander had the best two month stretch of his entire career last September/October.

His performance in the postseason is the best JV has ever pitched.

JV pitched brilliantly last year Sept into the playoffs.

Verlander's core surgery was a month later than Cabrera's. We saw how Miggy was in April,
and the knee jerk reactions, he's done, the big salary, etc.

Recent games, despite getting hit hard, the velocity has come back, next is the command of the 4 pitches, .....am I guessing like everyone else? yes, but imo, right around the all-star break; before or after, he should get into a nice groove. Then again, even if he does, say like Sanchez has been pitching, with no offense from about 2/3's of the lineup, if the continue to not, it doesn't produce pitcher wins or team wins.

Considering it is the offense (run support) that determines a starter's win total, you are probably right. But it has more to do with the weak offense.

That's partly what I based it on.J.V. ain't the old J.V. and our offense ain't what it use to be.

So he has an off year. Last season might not have been Cy Young material but it was a solid year. And the postseason was incredible. He had surgery..if we make it to the post season I still have him penciled in as opening game starter..

Back