Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

We need a guy in a mascot suit.

RABID

After all of the hoopla over M- NDsucks, and the ending of the "regional" rivalry that drew the most fans to ever watch a game in a stadium AND on TV, I say we start a campaigne for an official mascot. A guy to dress up in a suit and run up and down the field.

Our mascot needs to be at the last meeting of these two teams, next year @ SouthBend. He needs to taunt the Leprechaun and get pictures in front of Touch Down Jesus. This would be the only game we ever use him at.

He wouldn't be dressed in a wolverine suit. I don't want that to happen.
He needs to dress in chicken suit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5LG6WWbh2TY#t=8

Last edited:
they'd never allow it.

anyways, we slammed them with the chicken comments, & playing the song, but it's time to move on. let them stew and remain angry over it; all we have to do is beat them one more time to end the series, and let the pundits rake ND over the coals for ditching it's toughest opponent.

we don't have to say or do anything more at this point, and if we keep talking about it, eventually we start to look like a jilted lover. like RichRod when he kept talking about how the '11 team was "his guys" and he expected we'd be 11-2 or whatever with him still at the helm.

they'd never allow it.

anyways, we slammed them with the chicken comments, & playing the song, but it's time to move on. let them stew and remain angry over it; all we have to do is beat them one more time to end the series, and let the pundits rake ND over the coals for ditching it's toughest opponent.

we don't have to say or do anything more at this point, and if we keep talking about it, eventually we start to look like a jilted lover. like RichRod when he kept talking about how the '11 team was "his guys" and he expected we'd be 11-2 or whatever with him still at the helm.

They didn't just bring out the chicken dance for ND. They play it all the time. I hate that song, and this was the first time I enjoyed it at the bigHouse. But yeah, that's why we need to register a chicken now, and just not use it. Not say another word about it until next year. I like the San diego chicken idea.

I don't see how they could not allow it. North texas has a guy in a chicken suit and they are the Mean Green. Chickens are not offensive.

ND has a leprechaun. He could be offensive to little people. I KNOW he is offensive to Wolverines.

anyone think the guy at the end of the video kind of looked like the Rock in his younger days?

DC 33

We don't need a guy in a suit. We need holographic Bo pacing the sidelines before and after games.

I'll just be happy seeing all of their fans dejected faces after we beat them in their stadium next year.

Bring on Emmy! A big, yellow foam block M suit!

All we would basically need is a guy in a SpongeBob suit Like the SpongeBob freak who works tourists at Hollywood Boulevard in front of the Chinese Theatre, ans paint a big blue M over the front and back of it.

We could even use that very freak if we wanted to.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=d4Qj0EeY8ac

Last edited:
wow. I thought USC people were classier than that.

what a bunch of garbage.

wow. I thought USC people were classier than that.

what a bunch of garbage.

That is not a USC person. That is a "the other side of the tracks," probably high school chick, probably playing hooky from Hollywood High, who happens to be wearing USC gear.

That is not a USC person. That is a "the other side of the tracks," probably high school chick, probably playing hooky from Hollywood High, who happens to be wearing USC gear.

are you sure she's not one of the song girls?

anyone else notice that this year's leprechaun dude is significantly chubbier than his predecessors? he sort of looked like a green penguin out there.

All we would basically need is a guy in a SpongeBob suit Like the SpongeBob freak who works tourists at Hollywood Boulevard in front of the Chinese Theatre, ans paint a big blue M over the front and back of it.

We could even use that very freak if we wanted to.

Block ][V][ only on the front, the back could read........

.......... noter dame sucks

with a pair of those truck nuts hanging at the bottom.

Back