Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

West Rips JJ Riddick

that's a pretty bold statement. I would have to guess that almost all NBA players shoot worse from behind the arc than they do overall.

Steph Curry has the reputation as being the best 3 point shooter in the game today. Over his career his shooting percentage is 47.3% and his 3 point percentage is 42.8%

Havelicek's shooting percentage was 43.9%. My guess is his 3 point shooting would be lower than that. :shrug:

That's probably because more teams dilute the product and a bunch of stiffs guarding Steph. Lol. Btw, Steph's brother Seth has a better 3 point %. Though I'm not sure that's equatable as far as 2 to 3. Many guys today have a good shooting % but can't make a 3 for nothing.

That's probably because more teams dilute the product and a bunch of stiffs guarding Steph. Lol. Btw, Steph's brother Seth has a better 3 point %. Though I'm not sure that's equatable as far as 2 to 3. Many guys today have a good shooting % but can't make a 3 for nothing.

this is true. It's because they are shooting from very short distances. Take Giannis...he shoots 53.5% because he is a big that takes most of his shots inside or dunks the ball.

this is true. It's because they are shooting from very short distances. Take Giannis...he shoots 53.5% because he is a big that takes most of his shots inside or dunks the ball.

It's not just big though but if they had the 3 back then maybe they would be awesome at it. Never know. Btw, Cousy never dunked so maybe if he did or could shot % would go up. I'm not even sure if he went underneath.

From an article that I came across.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/452476-retired-legendary-players-and-how-they-would-play-today

Cousy played for six NBA Championship teams. He also won an MVP award and was selected to the All-NBA first team 10 times (second all-time). He was the first great point guard. However, his skills wouldn't translate into today's game. Very unathletic, to overcome that you have to have great skills. Well, he couldn't shoot and dribble with his left hand.

From an article that I came across.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/452476-retired-legendary-players-and-how-they-would-play-today

Cousy played for six NBA Championship teams. He also won an MVP award and was selected to the All-NBA first team 10 times (second all-time). He was the first great point guard. However, his skills wouldn't translate into today's game. Very unathletic, to overcome that you have to have great skills. Well, he couldn't shoot and dribble with his left hand.

Because its more athletic. You can't transport Cousy will the same skills. You transpose him to a bigger faster player. Its like saying home run hitters of today would be bad in the 20's and 30 because the stadiums were much larger back then. If Cousy was born in 2001 he's be more athletic. That's why those articles are dumb.

Because its more athletic. You can't transport Cousy will the same skills. You transpose him to a bigger faster player. Its like saying home run hitters of today would be bad in the 20's and 30 because the stadiums were much larger back then. If Cousy was born in 2001 he's be more athletic. That's why those articles are dumb.

but that's exactly why players are better today...because they are better athletes.

but that's exactly why players are better today...because they are better athletes.

No. That's why you can't compare. I guess the players of today will suck compare to the year 3000. Young American track guy just broke a world record. Doesn't mean he's best ever. Miggy, prime, would be singles hitter 100 years ago. Maybe he'd hit more triples though.

I guess Riddick and Killam Hayes is better than Cousy because they're more athletic.

No. That's why you can't compare. I guess the players of today will suck compare to the year 3000. Young American track guy just broke a world record. Doesn't mean he's best ever. Miggy, prime, would be singles hitter 100 years ago. Maybe he'd hit more triples though.

if people continue to advance like we have over the past 100 years, yes. The guys in the year 3000 will be head and shoulders better athletes than those today.

Miggy is a singles hitter now ;)

if people continue to advance like we have over the past 100 years, yes. The guys in the year 3000 will be head and shoulders better athletes than those today.

Miggy is a singles hitter now ;)

I meant in his prime but point was people in the year 3000 shouldn't dismiss Michael Jordon and other greats who played in a different era.

Most Game 7 Wins by a Player in NBA History:

1. Bill Russell (10)
2. Sam Jones (9)
T3. Ray Allen (7)
T3. Robert Horry
T3. Dennis Johnson
T3. Tom Heinson

Players currently on Celtics roster:
T7. Al Horford (6)
T20. Jaylen Brown (5) -25yrs old
T20. Marcus Smart (5) -28yrs old

Tied for 5,598th place Fuck Face BJ Riddick.

Sorry had to put this in here. I don't like assholes like riddick insulting the greats of the game.

Last edited:
show us your rings JJ! he has a point. man talks like he was a champ but he was just a catch and shoot guy for CP3

Back