Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

What?!! B1G rumored to be adding 4 teams

well, might as well say the PAC 12 is done. They are going to lose 4 of their top 6 programs.

well, might as well say the PAC 12 is done. They are going to lose 4 of their top 6 programs.

Assuming Cal and Stanford also jump to the B1G, Pac 12 Channel subscribers will be treated to watching Oregon State and Washington State play each other 9 times a season.

Now?I?m not going to care about much, except that Michigan wins its next scheduled game.

But how does a historic conference get gutted and obliterated so fast with literally zero resistance?

Were there no protections in place?

Now?I?m not going to care about much, except that Michigan wins its next scheduled game.

But how does a historic conference get gutted and obliterated so fast with literally zero resistance?

Were there no protections in place?

When the TV deals expire, it's enough for the attractive teams to shop around.

I'm seeing a bunch of grumbling about this in the media. If you're always saying government should get out of business' way, and everything should be run like a "business," it's weird to now complain about this stuff as a "money grab" or wax philosophical about "lost traditions". Like what the fuck else did you expect would happen?

I'm seeing a bunch of grumbling about this in the media. If you're always saying government should get out of business' way, and everything should be run like a "business," it's weird to now complain about this stuff as a "money grab" or wax philosophical about "lost traditions". Like what the fuck else did you expect would happen?

One can object to government interference and also to the capricious measures of business.

The solution is to not patronize said "businessnesses." (sic)

I think that CFB is chasing a carrot that is out of reach.

One can object to government interference and also to the capricious measures of business.

The solution is to not patronize said "businessnesses." (sic)

I think that CFB is chasing a carrot that is out of reach.

The entire American experience from 1865-to the present shows that unless there's an opposing force to big business & banking, they'll trample over everything and they're doing that now. Consumer boycotts are not adequate, and not organized enough to do squat. And sports fans have shown that a critical mass of them will continue to eat whatever shit owners and leagues tell them to, so in the sports context WE KNOW that money will rule; the "product" can go to shit and people will still pay to see it.

The entire American experience from 1865-to the present shows that unless there's an opposing force to big business & banking, they'll trample over everything and they're doing that now. Consumer boycotts are not adequate, and not organized enough to do squat. And sports fans have shown that a critical mass of them will continue to eat whatever shit owners and leagues tell them to, so in the sports context WE KNOW that money will rule; the "product" can go to shit and people will still pay to see it.

Well the synthesis of business, banking, and government sure ain't the solution.

This reminds me of this song, which was hot when I happened to be trying to sell radio air time at the World Famous KROQ, which played the song pretty much always.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AEKbFMvkLIc&pp=ygUWc2VsbCBvdXQgcmVlbCBiaWcgZmlzaA==

I had to zoom in on that. At first I thought it said "Right Said Fred - Too Sexy"

I wondered how that song was relevant to my post

Back