Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

What boredom looks like....

inkfreq

So, I have been busy for the last month printing medical masks and head straps for medical personnel on my 3D printer. Well, as it turns out.... I got Dat Rona. Was laid up for almost three weeks sick, and couldn't risk printing anything I had to send to someone else.

So, since my printers couldn't be used for the greater good, I decided to print myself a mug. This holds beer cans inside, and it's what I will be using this coming season (if there is one) to either celebrate wins or drink away my misery, depending on how we do.

92713202_10158217866565909_1387958822466748416_o.jpg

Last edited:
Glad you’re not dead.

Are you going to include a beer koozie in the apparatus to keep the beer cold?

Glad to hear your doing better!

That looks nice! How much would you want for one, I may want to purchase one for myself!

Glad you?re not dead.

Are you going to include a beer koozie in the apparatus to keep the beer cold?

The walls are hollow with a 15% infill for structure, so actually already has some insulation properties.

Glad to hear your doing better!

That looks nice! How much would you want for one, I may want to purchase one for myself!

I honestly had not even considered that. I would not want to profit off of them at all, that's not my intent. I'd probably do one for cost of materials + shipping is all.

Stay healthy Ink.

How long did that take too print?

I got lucky, already completely back on my feet and back to work. Miserable for a few weeks, but I'm past that now.

This print took 1 day and 18 hours to complete. Sounds terrible to a lot of people, until you realize that if I ordered something like this on Amazon, it would cost twice as much, be cheaply made, and during normal times would take two days if it was a Prime order.

Back