Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Women?s World Cup Knockout Round

Final 16 teams

Knockout round

Japan 3 Norway 1 Final.
Netherlands 2 South Africa 0 Final.
Sweden 0 USA 0 Final???.(Sweden wins penalty kicks 5-4).
England 0 Nigeria 0 Final. (England wins penalty kicks 4-2).
Spain 5 Switzerland 1 Final.
Australia 2 Denmark 0 Final
France 4 Morocco 0 Final.
Columbia 1 Jamaica 0 Final.

Last edited:
Fifa rankings of the teams left

#3 Sweden
#4 England
#5 France
#6 Spain
#9 Netherlands
#10 Australia
#11 Japan
#25 Columbia

Updated. Deleting the losers.

Last edited:
US better get their head out of their ass.

Whether scared or overconfident?..they are playing very uninspired football and won?t just lose vs Sweden?..they?ll get destroyed.

I think they should play the younger girls. Some of the aging stars just have zero legs to keep up with younger teams

Last edited:
I woke up at 65th minute of a 0-0 game between Sweden and USA. USA has had most of the goal scoring chances and had two glorious shots on goal that the Sweden keeper saved. Game going to a extra 30 minutes as it ends 0-0 after 90 minutes. So far USA defense has been great. Team just can?t finish. Two great chances at 59th minute and 89th minute. Great saves.

If it?s tied after 30 minutes they go to penalty kicks.

Last edited:
Rapinoe in for Morgan ? I hope it works but Morgan has created some shots. Rapinoe has struggle in my opinion this World Cup.
Again Usa just can?t finish. And Rapinoe with a crappy corner delivery.

Last edited:
First 15 minutes is over. USA had the best chances. Sweden goalie is hot. I would not want to go to penalty kicks the way we miss the goal.

USA has had like 10-3 corners and can?t seem to Create very much on them l USA has 20-7 shot lead way more on goal also.

Last edited:
Going to penalty kicks. In my opinion Sweden has the better goalie.

We finally get Sweden to miss and Rapinoe isn?t close with her kick.. Ridiculous kick.
Then Smith could win it and she misses worse then Rapinoe. With a chance to win. She misses everything.

What a choke job by usa.. Losses kicks 5-4

Not sure about last kick and the Review and what Happened.

Rapinoe never should have kicked in my opinion and smith shots was awful. Hell the USA goalie made the 4th kick easy for us.
Unless Morgan is a bad In penalty kicks I never would have subbed her out.

Well at least they can get younger and a better coach with better offense tactics.
Even though they played their best game they had So many chances and we just finish.
Plus we had so many comers and they just looked off to me.

Last edited:
Oh and our goalie was better in the kicks. Made the only save and she scored a goal.
We missed 2 times and hit bar on other miss.

I'm glad they lost. I can't stand that loud mouth Rapinoe.

Not me. I?d rather see USA advance. She shouldn?t be playing because she is to old and USA needs play younger players. Her shots in other games looked way off to me and she looked slow to me against younger players. Idk I could be wrong. I don?t care what people say. Nothing wrong with fighting for equal rights for everyone in America isn?t that what she is doing ? Other nations have caught up with USA in soccer. USA was the better side on the field for 120 minutes . Just not in penalty kicks. This coach struggled to find goals.

Last edited:
Not me. I?d rather see USA advance. She shouldn?t be playing because she is to old and USA needs play younger players. Her shots in other games looked way off to me and she looked slow to me against younger players. Idk I could be wrong. I don?t care what people say. Nothing wrong with fighting for equal rights for everyone in America isn?t that what she is doing ? Other nations have caught up with USA in soccer. USA was the better side on the field for 120 minutes . Just not in penalty kicks. This coach struggled to find goals.
How is she fighting for equal rights? She plays on a women's team and is gay. How does that help other women?

How is she fighting for equal rights? She plays on a women's team and is gay. How does that help other women?

How does it not ? Just because she is stating her opinion doesn?t mean I can?t root for her and USA soccer. They all were fighting for higher pay for the women? soccer and you guys all know it. I could care less who she wants to have sex with and I?m sure somewhere she is fighting for gay rights which you also know ..Just because she is different opening gay a lot of people done like her. The issue I have is with her abilities to keep up With younger soccer players. USA should have tried to go with a younger side. The coach had a good defense game plan but his offense tactics stunk. Hence the USA exit. How the hell do 3 players miss the net in penalty kicks? You could tell before Smith took her shot she was so nervous. And Rapinoe had no legs. I could see it in every game I saw her play at this World Cup.

Last edited:
Quarterfinals

#6 Spain???????wins 2-1
#9 Netherlands

#11 Japan
#3 Sweden?????.wins 2-1

#4 England
#25 Columbia

#10 Australia..........wins 0-0 (7-6 on penalty kicks)
#5 France

Last edited:
How does it not ? Just because she is stating her opinion doesn?t mean I can?t root for her and USA soccer. They all were fighting for higher pay for the women? soccer and you guys all know it. I could care less who she wants to have sex with and I?m sure somewhere she is fighting for gay rights which you also know ..Just because she is different opening gay a lot of people done like her. The issue I have is with her abilities to keep up With younger soccer players. USA should have tried to go with a younger side. The coach had a good defense game plan but his offense tactics stunk. Hence the USA exit. How the hell do 3 players miss the net in penalty kicks? You could tell before Smith took her shot she was so nervous. And Rapinoe had no legs. I could see it in every game I saw her play at this World Cup.
I Don't care either just don't understand how this helps other woman. Because equal pay? Every woman is the world wants equal pay whether deserving or not. Talking to you WNBA.. I'm actually curious what does she do - talk to congress? They actually just got a pay increase, 50% more. I doubt she did anything more than than any of the other girls..

Semifinals

#3 Sweden verses # 6 Spain

# 10 Australia vs #4 England

Last edited:
Back