Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Yay, Pat Robertson died!

Within the last few years, Dr. Drew Pinsky has had some fascination, or interest, in Tyler Henry, so much so that he set up a monitoring of Henry?s brain functions as he was doing a ?reading?.

I was listening to Dr. Drew on his daily radio show at the time, and he described the results of the brain scan - I?m going to paraphrase - he described it as ?fascinating, unique? and ?highly unusual.?

Since I heard Pensky describe this firsthand, I?m not going to try to re-create it anymore.

There are plenty of records that this test occurred that a person can look up on the various Interwebs.

EDIT: Oh, SpartanMack - this post was for you.

I thought I was quoting your quote of the post I quoted.

If they tried to do that to John Edward the machine would probably explode!

His net wealth was somewhere around $100 million. Someone explain to me the difference between his life's work and the people that turned houses of prayer into dens of robbers. Christ was so upset he literally flipped tables.

His net wealth was somewhere around $100 million. Someone explain to me the difference between his life's work and the people that turned houses of prayer into dens of robbers. Christ was so upset he literally flipped tables.

And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the money changers, and the chairs of them that sold doves: And he saith to them: It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but you have made it a den of thieves.​
Matthew 21:12-13

And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the money changers, and the chairs of them that sold doves: And he saith to them: It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but you have made it a den of thieves.​

Don't cloak your scammy hustle in religious language. So many violators. And those who chase other forms of power instead of money are no different.

Don't cloak your scammy hustle in religious language. So many violators. And those who chase other forms of power instead of money are no different.

The "prosperity gospel" sect means that preachers who preach it are the ones who prosper.

It's infuriating how plainly these teachings are laid out, and yet the prosperity gospel fuckwads and Pat Robertson-types continue to exist, prosper and become wealthy, AND have direct lines and operate in unison with the most powerful elements of our government. man... really undermines claims to American exceptionalism and superiority. There is a lot of cognitive dissonance going on. Like off the charts, legendary amounts of hypocrisy.

We are a sleazy used car salesman, strip mall preacher country.

It's infuriating how plainly these teachings are laid out, and yet the prosperity gospel fuckwads and Pat Robertson-types continue to exist, prosper and become wealthy, AND have direct lines and operate in unison with the most powerful elements of our government. man... really undermines claims to American exceptionalism and superiority. There is a lot of cognitive dissonance going on. Like off the charts, legendary amounts of hypocrisy.

We are a sleazy used car salesman, strip mall preacher country.

People are a broken, fallible, vulnerable to temptation, opportunistic, gullible, and fault-ridden lot. On our own, we'll fail.

Maybe, I don?t know.

I haven?t heard that much about him since he ran for Veep in 2004.

That was the plural, John Edwards - a dime a dozen. There is only one John Edward (probably not really, but the others are just plane old John Edwards - here the "s" is used to pluralize "Edward" just to be clear).

Back