Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Zenner released!!

tonyballs

Good luck ZZ!!!

I see people literally crying like bitches over this move on Facebook lol. Kerryon, CJA, Ty Johnson and Thompson is a great core of RB's.
The fan favorite thing annoys me to death lol.

Good luck ZZ!!!

I see people literally crying like bitches over this move on Facebook lol. Kerryon, CJA, Ty Johnson and Thompson is a great core of RB's.
The fan favorite thing annoys me to death lol.

David 'Circus' Kircus 2.0

I didn't understand the allure then, I don't get the allure of Zenner now.

I thought Thompson looked better than Zenner in the preseason. Zenner will find a home. If he doesn’t.....we’ll call as soon as someone gets hurt.

I guess Amendola is the next white skill player for fans to latch onto it

Ask anyone mad about Zenner getting cut who their Tiger is and they most certainly would reply with 'Brandon Inge'.

Ask anyone mad about Zenner getting cut who their Tiger is and they most certainly would reply with 'Brandon Inge'.

Apple/Cinderblock. Inge was a whining overachiever. And no one lamented his departure. Maybe it was Zenner's time to depart and it was inevitable, but you root for a guy like him.

He will sign with New England and win a ring lol. I was rooting for the kid but younger, stronger, cheaper option is always the way in the NFL. Stay in shape and with injuries he may see playing time yet this year !

Last edited:
I don’t get the backlash here based on “fan favorite”. A typical guy like that is someone who was a late pick/undrafted and serves a backup role.....like Zenner. He did a very solid job when called upon.....so he becomes someone you want to cheer for.

What’s wrong with that?

Last edited:
Quite a few of the posts were in support of Zenner's release, no not all of them are "idiots." Others were disappointed and accepted it.

I honestly care less. The best guys stay, the rest go. No biggie to me.

If he goes somewhere else and wins a Super Bowl my only problem with it is that the Lions obviously didn't win the Super Bowl.... again.

Zenner did good things. I really like Ty Johnson and maybe only keep 3 rbs and full back now. Spot for extra lb, oline or db

I don?t get the backlash here based on ?fan favorite?. A typical guy like that is someone who was a late pick/undrafted and serves a backup role.....like Zenner. He did a very solid job when called upon.....so he becomes someone you want to cheer for.

What?s wrong with that?

Nothing wrong about cheering for a guy but acting like Barry fucking Sanders walked out the building is another lol.
And Zenner isn't a backup anymore. The only reason he got any playing time was because of injuries to our top guys lol. It wasn't based on leapfrogging someone because of talent.

Zach Zenner finds a role with the Saints.
Saints now have a backfield that features Zach Zenner and Dwayne Washington, half of Detroit's 2016-17 backfields.

I see the Saints released Stephone Anthony to make room for Zenner. I remember wanting Anthony in that draft, lol. Guess things didn't quite work out for him?

Back