Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Ziggy's off PUP

Great news! We'll definitely need him if we're going to pressure the QB

From what I'm reading in other threads, though, a lot of people think that pressuring the QB means nothing.

It's better than nothing.

But because the QB rating is awful high against us when all you get is a pressure. So it's not as easy as saying 'people say pressures are pointless'

We need sacks, we want sacks..and pressures by themselves would be fine if our secondary knew how to cover and INT a pass.

Now maybe a pressure is more effective with another team, Seattle for example.

We need to cause turnovers and our pressures alone aren't causing enough.

It's better than nothing.

But because the QB rating is awful high against us when all you get is a pressure. So it's not as easy as saying 'people say pressures are pointless'

We need sacks, we want sacks..and pressures by themselves would be fine if our secondary knew how to cover and INT a pass.

Now maybe a pressure is more effective with another team, Seattle for example.

We need to cause turnovers and our pressures alone aren't causing enough.

We had 15 picks. And we had plenty of forced fumbles, we were just unlucky to recover onlly 7.

Last edited:
We had 15 picks. And we had plenty of forced fumbles, we were just unlucky to recover onlly 7.

Take out Levy not so much. He had a good year. But the problem, our secondary..it needs to do better covering during these pressures. That's why for us, we need sacks. Because I don't trust the secondary to be able to cover.

From what I'm reading in other threads, though, a lot of people think that pressuring the QB means nothing.

You should take a reading comprehension test then. It was made abundantly clear by people that when the pressure doesn't lead to sacks that it isn't enough. Nobody claimed "pressuring the QB means nothing".

Take out Levy not so much. He had a good year. But the problem, our secondary..it needs to do better covering during these pressures. That's why for us, we need sacks. Because I don't trust the secondary to be able to cover.

They did cover. But they gave up some big plays when coverage broke down on the rare occasions.
3 80 yards, a 60 yarder and 50 yarder puts you in the top 11 if you avoid those 5 big plays next year. Detroit can easily do that with the changes they have made.

They did cover. But they gave up some big plays when coverage broke down on the rare occasions.
3 80 yards, a 60 yarder and 50 yarder puts you in the top 11 if you avoid those 5 big plays next year. Detroit can easily do that with the changes they have made.

They covered so good they were one of the worse secondary's in the NFL. And we added your boy who was 72nd in pass coverage last year..

Last edited:
You should take a reading comprehension test then. It was made abundantly clear by people that when the pressure doesn't lead to sacks that it isn't enough. Nobody claimed "pressuring the QB means nothing".

Then said people best edit posts claiming otherwise.

I just proved the Lions did well in pass coverage when they pressure the QB.

46% 5 TDs and 7 ints. You lose Mitch. Your assumption was dumb.

Back