Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2008 Cap One Bowl on right now

Great showcase for Henne, Manningham and Arrington, especially after the tumultuous '07 campaign and injuries (App St and Oregon losses to start the year, etc.)

Maize&Cheese304 said:
No love for Hart?

Sure, Mike Hart too. Think he had 120+ yds rushing, if memory serves. Was really a good overall team win, but I think it was one of the best passing days the team had all season. Nice ending to Lloyd's career.

Maize&Cheese304 said:
No love for Hart?

Sure, Mike Hart too. Think he had 120+ yds rushing, if memory serves. Was really a good overall team win, but I think it was one of the best passing days the team had all season. Nice ending to Lloyd's career.

Some impressions from re-living the game - is this how you remembered it (sorry, I'm bored waiting to go to New Orleans) :)
  • DC was Mattison for Fla that year; Fla 'D' was stopping the run initially, but eventually Michigan's passing game opened up some running for Mike Hart[/*:m:f8slswd4]
  • 4-turnovers - man, how'd we win this game? Two Hart fumbles (both inside the 5), one Henne interception throwing a screen and a Manningham flea-flicker back to Henne, throwing an interception into double coverage in Fla end-zone. Michigan could have had easily another two TDs.[/*:m:f8slswd4]
  • DeBord had Manningham running six screens by early in 3Q[/*:m:f8slswd4]
  • Michigan's pass rush was impressive the whole game[/*:m:f8slswd4]
  • Hemingway (21) was playing in this game. Was he then red-shirted in 2008, '09 or '10? Must have to be a 5th year senior this season, I guess.[/*:m:f8slswd4]
  • Man, miss Jamar Adams and some of the hits he used to deliver. Crable was awesome in this game too.[/*:m:f8slswd4]
  • Speaking of Crable, led B1G in tackles for loss (26.5) in '07[/*:m:f8slswd4]
  • Don't remember Morgan Trent being this fast (he caught Percy Harvin from running for 80 yds and a TD, but then he blew coverage a couple possessions later allowing a TD to Caldwell); sometimes maligned, but he had some speed[/*:m:f8slswd4]
  • near start of 4Q, Michigan was ahead 414 - 356 total yds; think Henne finished ~373 yds, his best career passing day[/*:m:f8slswd4]
  • Todd Blackledge can eat[/*:m:f8slswd4]
  • Arrington's one-handed sideline grab, 37 yds with 4:59 left with Michigan trailing 35-31 helped save the game. Two plays later, Arrington fakes corner and runs a post, Henne hits him for TD to put Michigan up 38-35[/*:m:f8slswd4]
  • Defense mops up the rest, putting their best pressure on Tebow in Fla's last two possessions to seal the game, nice![/*:m:f8slswd4]
  • Lloyd finishes 122-40 career, 6-7 bowl games[/*:m:f8slswd4]
  • Michigan, at end of this game, 22-5-1 vs. SEC (doesn't include last yr's blowout by Miss St)[/*:m:f8slswd4]
Hope Michigan can play this well, less the turnovers. Against Va Tech, I think they will have to use the pass to open up the run, much like they had to do in this game. Mattison's on our side now.

Just getting in the bowl mood...Michigan can really use a WIN in this Sugar Bowl - put a final "we're back" message for Brady's 1st-year (actually think he's already done that, but just for emphasis a win would be great). On our way to SB later this week, will see some of you down there.

Go (or Geaux) Blue !!

Back