Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Any Lions fans living in Denver?

tsmith7559

I'm keeping my Lions road games attended at 6 in a row on Oct 30. Anything to do in Denver????

I was born and raised in Colorado, and spent many weekends in Denver. What exactly are you wanting to do?

I'll be at the game with 7 of my closest friends - all Bronco fans.

Meditatedkickaboxa said:
How long are you going to be there? There is a ton to do but a lot is up the hills.

basically I will have all day Saturday, I arrive Fri night and leave Sun at 7:30PM

Sec 236, Row 20

i thought the nightlife sucked while i was there...and i was in my early/mid-20s. the clubs are trendy/techno shit joints. there is a ton of outdoorsy stuff to do up the mountains though. the wife and i are heading out there the following week to celebrate our birthdays with some friends we have there and just get away. what i love about colorado is, every time we go, i hardly spend any money because just heading up in the mountains is the best thing to do.

Your best bet is to stick around Boulder. There are many great hikes around that area, but if you are seeking solitude, I'd stay away. The trails in that area are usually pretty crowded, and nearly everyone has a friendly dog that demands your attention.

This time of year you wont be able to hike much in the rockies due to snow, but there are many options. One of my all-time favorite hikes was up to Hanging Lake, just outside of Glenwood Springs. The hike is strenous but the lake is worth it, Glenwood Springs also has a natural hot springs, which feels fantastic with the cooler air. The drive itself through the continental divide, and through Glenwood Canyon is worth it. Doc Holiday also died in a hotel in Glenwood Springs.

As far as night life goes, LoDo (Lower Downtown) is where you'll wanna be. After every sporting even, the bars get packed by fans, mainly because most of them offer specials for those that bring in their tickets.

Also, if you are in to golfing, Arrowhead in Littleton is consistently voted one of the most scenic courses in the country.

illimitabilities said:
Your best bet is to stick around Boulder. There are many great hikes around that area, but if you are seeking solitude, I'd stay away. The trails in that area are usually pretty crowded, and nearly everyone has a friendly dog that demands your attention.

This time of year you wont be able to hike much in the rockies due to snow, but there are many options. One of my all-time favorite hikes was up to Hanging Lake, just outside of Glenwood Springs. The hike is strenous but the lake is worth it, Glenwood Springs also has a natural hot springs, which feels fantastic with the cooler air. The drive itself through the continental divide, and through Glenwood Canyon is worth it. Doc Holiday also died in a hotel in Glenwood Springs.

As far as night life goes, LoDo (Lower Downtown) is where you'll wanna be. After every sporting even, the bars get packed by fans, mainly because most of them offer specials for those that bring in their tickets.

Also, if you are in to golfing, Arrowhead in Littleton is consistently voted one of the most scenic courses in the country.

i used to live on the saddlerock golf course in south aurora. that course is really nice as well.

tsmith7559 said:
I'm keeping my Lions road games attended at 6 in a row on Oct 30. Anything to do in Denver????

So jealous! Wish I had the cash to travel to games like that. If I didnt live in Alaska and still lived in Michigan at least I would be able to see some home games! Looking forward to getting back to the lower 48 to see some games! I met some pretty cool Lions fans from Canada in 2008 when I went to watch Detroit play at Houston though!

michiganmania said:
tsmith7559 said:

So jealous! Wish I had the cash to travel to games like that. If I didnt live in Alaska and still lived in Michigan at least I would be able to see some home games! Looking forward to getting back to the lower 48 to see some games! I met some pretty cool Lions fans from Canada in 2008 when I went to watch Detroit play at Houston though!

these trips havent been that expensive. I'm a member with Spirit Airlines, so my airfare to Tampa/Miami last year was $55 round trip. I was planning my vacation around Christmas anyways last year.

Tampa for opening day was only $68(air) and getting tickets to both Miami and Tampa are cheap since they dont sell out.

I drove to Minny and it was only $145 for gas. Ticket was $40 for the game and was a pretty good seat.

Dallas was only $134 for airfare on Spirit.

This trip(Den) is a little more($228 air) I had to take Frontier Airlines since Spirit doesnt fly there.

Oakland might be a problem because its too close to Christmas and I haven't seen any air deals unless I want to drive 500 Miles from Las Vegas

tsmith7559 said:
michiganmania said:

look into flying into sacramento. when i had to go to reno, i flew in there and saved a ton of money.

these trips havent been that expensive. I'm a member with Spirit Airlines, so my airfare to Tampa/Miami last year was $55 round trip. I was planning my vacation around Christmas anyways last year.

Tampa for opening day was only $68(air) and getting tickets to both Miami and Tampa are cheap since they dont sell out.

I drove to Minny and it was only $145 for gas. Ticket was $40 for the game and was a pretty good seat.

Dallas was only $134 for airfare on Spirit.

This trip(Den) is a little more($228 air) I had to take Frontier Airlines since Spirit doesnt fly there.

Oakland might be a problem because its too close to Christmas and I haven't seen any air deals unless I want to drive 500 Miles from Las Vegas

dam, just got my tickets...stubhub screwed up, I got moved up 23 rows at no cost..hell ya

looks like Im off to Chicago for a try at #7 in a row.......gotta keep the my streak going!!!!

Hell of a good game to be at. I was wearing my custom Calvin jersey that says Megatron on the back. I had picture requests all day. Couldnt even take a piss without needing to high five someone lol

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]I'm not sure high fiving taking a piss Is the smart idea.

Ahh... you are referring to the R. Kelly. Tough move to pull off.

illimitabilities said:
Hell of a good game to be at. I was wearing my custom Calvin jersey that says Megatron on the back. I had picture requests all day. Couldnt even take a piss without needing to high five someone lol

where were you sitting?

tsmith7559 said:
illimitabilities said:

where were you sitting?

Southeastern end of the end zone. Section 138 Row 39. Got to see the Titus Young and CJ touchdowns up close.

Back