Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

ATTN: Resident Sparty fans

Walking down the streets at CMU for 3.5 years, I saw people wear Michigan, Michigan State, Eastern, and all types of college sweatshirts and shirts. If you like a team, and you root for them, then who cares? I'm a huge Michigan fan, never went there. I don't understand why MSU people have such a problem with that.

There can be only 1 Walmart Nation!!! After all, who can compete with your 1905 manhandling of The Leelanau County School for Barbers and Bakers? Walmart Wolverines for life yo.

This video explains it perfectly:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01Kz6Rw99Kk

Last edited:
Thanks for ignoring the question johnny. Kmart Spartys Sparty on!!

I honestly didn't go to MSU, my dad went to both UM and MSU and liked MSU more. That is how I became a Spartan fan. When I coached high school we also sent two players to MSU. I did have a chance to be GA under John L but decided to take a different path. I went to MTSU and almost every person on that campus cheered for the Vols or another school. So you can call me Walmart, I really don't think it makes me less of a fan.

Last edited:
That video is hilarious. Esp that line about the "asshole who went to Michigan in the 80's" or whatever.

If you don't have a diploma from the school, go root for someone else is what I always say.

/s

My brother and his wife went to Michigan, I always liked both teams growing up until I went to Michigan State. My dad went to CMU, but is a State fan and always has been.

My sister and her family are the worst Walmart Wolverine fans though, it's always "We" this and "We" that. Um, you went to Grand Rapids Community College, so the only "We" for you is the Raiders. Root for who you want, every team has fanatics who have absolutely no affiliation with the team or school they root for, it's fun to rib the Walmart Wolverine fans because it obviously touches a nerve though. Hell, with the in state dominance the last 4 years, soon to be 5 and 6, there are bound to be some more sales on State gear at Walmart in the near future, there are little kids in this state that can't remember the last time Michigan beat MSU at football. Quote a little girl to the horror of her Walmart Wolverine mother, "Michigan State beat Michigan, so mommy is sad, it happens every year."

They made one for the Spartans too, it's so true, our fight song does suck, but who gives a shit with all of that talent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZNG802zfZ4

Last edited:
Having the degree makes all that irrelevant. And as a grad of both Michigan and Colorado, I don't say "we" when referring to either, really. I guess I could from what seems to be the standard.

Here goes the "we" debate again. I've seen it a few times on these boards. Being a lifelong Michigan fan I have always said WE even though NO I did not attend Michigan, I went to Eastern. But I also say WE when referring to the Red Wings even though I never lived in Detroit. I say WE when referring to my kids current high school even though I went to Pioneer. My belief is that WE refers to the entire Wolverine Nation which includes alumni, students, players, and fans. Everyone has varying degrees of connection to the University. Should a freshman at U of M be considered any more of a fan than a guy that never attended but has been a devoted fan for 20 to 40+ years? So today, yes, I hope WE beat Air Force. I hope WE go on to win the B1G Championship. And I hope WE enjoy OUR New Years with a trip to the Rose Bowl.

Yes, I am being completely sarcastic. The sensitivity towards "we" is stupid. Who fucking cares?

GO BLUE!!!!!

Here goes the "we" debate again. I've seen it a few times on these boards. Being a lifelong Michigan fan I have always said WE even though NO I did not attend Michigan, I went to Eastern. But I also say WE when referring to the Red Wings even though I never lived in Detroit. I say WE when referring to my kids current high school even though I went to Pioneer. My belief is that WE refers to the entire Wolverine Nation which includes alumni, students, players, and fans. Everyone has varying degrees of connection to the University. Should a freshman at U of M be considered any more of a fan than a guy that never attended but has been a devoted fan for 20 to 40+ years? So today, yes, I hope WE beat Air Force. I hope WE go on to win the B1G Championship. And I hope WE enjoy OUR New Years with a trip to the Rose Bowl.

I 100% agreee!!!!!!!

Yes, I am being completely sarcastic. The sensitivity towards "we" is stupid. Who fucking cares?

GO BLUE!!!!!

Butt-hurt Ohio* and Sparty fans do. Signed Mike Valenti and Pat Caputo

Hey, b311j, do you still live in Ann Arbor, and if so, do you live in the area that feeds Skyline?

That's my old hood...

That video is hilarious. Esp that line about the "asshole who went to Michigan in the 80's" or whatever. If you don't have a diploma from the school, go root for someone else is what I always say. /s

I went to Michigan in the 80s, but I don't look like any of those assholes in the clip...

Hey, b311j, do you still live in Ann Arbor, and if so, do you live in the area that feeds Skyline?

That's my old hood...

I haven't lived in Ann Arbor since high school. I'm out in the Stockbridge area now. But I believe I would have gone to Skyline based on where I lived back then.

I honestly didn't go to MSU, my dad went to both UM and MSU and liked MSU more. That is how I became a Spartan fan. When I coached high school we also sent two players to MSU. I did have a chance to be GA under John L but decided to take a different path. I went to MTSU and almost every person on that campus cheered for the Vols or another school. So you can call me Walmart, I really don't think it makes me less of a fan.

so you just did what your daddy told ya. Good job thinking for yourself.

Back