Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Avila signs with White Sox

I just wish the guy health. I don't care how bad you think he is, I don't wish the punishment he's been through on anyone (and I'm not talking about the slow deterioration of the Tigers).

Good comment and I agree with the sentiment.

Besides, it takes away any potential nepotism issues (real or perceived).

I just wish the guy health. I don't care how bad you think he is, I don't wish the punishment he's been through on anyone (and I'm not talking about the slow deterioration of the Tigers).

Well said. I'm glad we dumped him as I couldn't stand him but I don't wish injuries towards many (Greg Hardy is one of a select few).

I just read the White Sox designated Tyler Flowers and signed Dioner Navarro now too.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/12/white-sox-to-sign-dioner-navarro.html

Flowers was 2nd in MLB in Pitch Framing in 2015 and hits Lefties really well. He would have been a great compliment to Avila. He made $2.75 Mil in 2015 and was arbitration eligible.

Navarro is not very good at pitch framing and he is average defensively at best. Same with his offense.

This move makes it appear that Avila will get every change to be the everyday catcher. Navarro hits way better against lefties (ala Flowers). Flowers is the better all-around catcher than Navarro, so this comes down to a cost move.

Back