Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Big 12

brandonlaz

I think the Big 12 could be one of the most overrated conferences in the country. If you look at the Big 12 they seem to lose the big games more than OSU loses to the SEC. Nebraska comes to the Big 10 is expected to be a top 10 team and is expected to only have one challenger in Wisconsin, but they end up getting 3 Big 10 loses. Don't get me wrong I love the Big 10 and Michigan, but we are not a true powerhouse team or conference right now. Why does the media love the Big 12? The Big 10 is not great this season and we know that, but is the Big 12 really that good? What have they done in the last 10 years to truly deserve all the love besides having Vince Young at Texas?

With all of the points Oklahoma gives up, are they really a top 5 team? Overrated every year IMO.

And on cue.........Baylor drives down the field in 40 seconds for the win.
grin.png

Yeah this college FB year is turning into a joke.. If there is a Bama vs LSU BCS championship rematch I straight up won't watch...

tigers99888 said:
Yeah this college FB year is turning into a joke.. If there is a Bama vs LSU BCS championship rematch I straight up won't watch...

They are the two best teams in the country it should probably be between those two. It won't happen though it will be like Michigan in 2006 they are not going to let two teams play again for the National Championship. I think it would be hilarious if Arkansas beats LSU on Friday, but Bama gets to go to the SEC Championship. In the SEC Championship a Bama loss to Georgia what would happen then? Arkansas in the NC without a SEC championship over a 1 loss Georgia? Georgia in? Another conference the answer is simply chaos and the collapse of the current BCS system.

LSU vs Stanford is more likely IMO due to all the media hype around Andrew Luck being the likely #1 draft pick. Gives the media tons of pre-game hype to work with, especially if he ends up winning the Heisman due to media hype. Auburn will beat Alabama in the Iron Bowl to set the stage.

brandonlaz said:
tigers99888 said:

They are the two best teams in the country it should probably be between those two. It won't happen though it will be like Michigan in 2006 they are not going to let two teams play again for the National Championship. I think it would be hilarious if Arkansas beats LSU on Friday, but Bama gets to go to the SEC Championship. In the SEC Championship a Bama loss to Georgia what would happen then? Arkansas in the NC without a SEC championship over a 1 loss Georgia? Georgia in? Another conference the answer is simply chaos and the collapse of the current BCS system.

Georgia has 2 losses they lost to Boise and South Carolina

brandonlaz said:
tigers99888 said:

i know this is just a hypothetical, but arkansas will be #3 going into the lsu game. so if they beat lsu, they will make the championship game not bama because they will all 3 have one division loss and they would be almost garaunteed to be #1 after beating #1.

If Arkansas wins it will be a similar debacle to the Texas Tech, Texas and Oklahoma beating one another a few years back in the Big 12

Back