Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Brian Kelly: Excuse maker

I have to admit when we hired RR Kelly was the guy I wanted. Granted we went through 3 years of hell but I think in many ways it was our wake up call. many of us thought anyone could be coach here and we would still win 8+ a year. I fully believe in Hoke. It's how he talks about the team the players and the university. It's how he has recruited. It's how he never stops coaching on the sidelines. he seems to try and stay positive with the players even when mistakes happen and the players respond to that. I agree with the above poster though Skip Holtz will be the HC of ND sooner rather than later.

Apparently no one here is old enough(some are) to have witnessed a Lou Holtz meltdown. They were a thing to be witnessed. Talk about say it, don't spray it. Holy shit!!!!Kelly isn't anywhere near what he was like. It's really quite unbelievable people are bitching about his behavior.

I don't remember him flipping his lid, but I do remember him being pretty sharp with reporters sometimes.

I don't think Kelly was worse; it was just the pictures that made it look that way

MichChamp02 said:
I don't remember him flipping his lid, but I do remember him being pretty sharp with reporters sometimes.

I don't think Kelly was worse; it was just the pictures that made it look that way

It's also the day and age in what we live. People are more sensitive to coaching beiligerency than they were in the past. I remember back in the day, I had just been lit up going over the middle during a scrimmage. I had no idea where I was. My coach thought I was BSing and that I didn't feel like participating anymore. The motherfucker grabbed me by the jersey and started shaking me while I was sitting down(almost fell over). I had no clue what he was saying, but nobody said 2 words about it afterword. There were no cameras rolling on that one.

I think Kelly will keep ND going in the right direction. People are going to hard on him because the Leppers are 0-2, but in all actuality they really should have won both games. The turnovers are the key in both.

Domer fans are like M fans, vocal when shit goes wrong. I can understand how frustrated they are... ND has been down for a long, long time now.

When do they start chanting "Bring back Lou Holtszchhh" ?

If Kelly's behavior was so commonplace, nobody would be saying anything about it. I don't see Bob Stoops, Urban Morgan, Mack Brown, Mark Richt, Joe Paterno, Kirk Ferentz or Brady Hoke going redfaced and spitting out F-bombs in a kid's face 15 times a game (or ever actually), including because a kid calls a timeout. I don't even see a-hole Dantonio doing it. Certainly saw RichRod do it, though. That might tell you something.

Back