Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Cardinals week 2 prediction thread.

I think our corners have a much harder time with Fitzgerald and Floyd for that, and that Zona's corners pick on some ugly Stafford throws.

Detroit 27-24.

Even though it's only week 2, this is a big game for the Lions if they hope to make the playoffs this season. Winnable road games are crucial to get, and the Lions have a tough slate of games after Arizona. They have @Washington, Chicago, @Packers in weeks 3-5, so if the Lions let the Cardinals game slip away they could be looking at 1-4, or 2-3 at best.

I was impressed with how the Lions responded mentally to the early misfortunes against the Vikings. Bush was an exceptional signing that fits in perfectly with the offense. Remember two years ago when we started 5-0, it was largely due to Jahvid Best doing similar things to what Bush did yesterday offensively. I will predict a Lions win against Arizona 30-28 and Bush has another great day.

This is one of the few road games that I thought the Lions could win. Vs MN....Ponder is a terrible QB and they have 0 recieving threats. AZ has 3 good WR's and I think they will have some success throwing the ball. The good news is AZ has no running game so the front 4 should be able to tee off on Palmer. If the Lions can get a few picks off of Palmer I think they will win. If not I think the Cards win a high scoring game.

28-27 Lions

I'm sorry but I'm going to the game and that means bad things. I'm Mr. anti-luck. But I could see a 38-34 Lions win.

Great test Sunday. Perfect 2nd game. AZ has a much better passing attack than MN and will give us a better feel for the current state of the secondary. Slay and Houston will have to be better. So will Quin. Quin was not good yesterday. I say the Lions win 38-28.

When AZ watches film of our game yesterday, they will HAVE to account for Bush with a S or CB....no way they can expect to match up with him with a LB. Stafford will have more opportunities downfield against AZ. Patrick Peterson can't cover everyone and will matchup with Calvin most of the time. Linehan will have to do a good job moving CJ around and find opportunities to get him matched up against the other CB's.

I say our effectiveness as an offense will be Staffords ability to read the coverage pre snap. He hits a couple balls deep early and it will open EVERYTHING up. I think he'll do that. One to CJ and one to Edwards. IMO....Stafford played a really good game yesterday. He was accurate. He was decisive. He stayed in the pocket. His mechanics were good. Scheffler, Pettigrew and CJ cost him 2-3 TD (3 if Calvin can get his 2nd foot down) and 5 completions.

D-line dominates and hits Palmer early and often. AZ will move the ball through the air and score a few points, but not enough. I'm giving Zona 28 pts because I don't know how good Slay and Bentley are yet. If those 2 play well, I can see AZ only putting up 17-21.

Or we could lose 42-10. It's the Lions.

I'm sorry but I'm going to the game and that means bad things. I'm Mr. anti-luck. But I could see a 38-34 Lions win.

Me too. The nephew of a guy I know has season tickets to the Cardinals, so I'm getting off cheap. Of course, they are all Cardinals fans, and they go down early early early for tailgating. So I imagine I'll take a good amount of harassing...which I will handle as long as we WIN the game.

31-21 Lions.

Yeah Mitch, but I am Mr. Lucky, and I'll be there. I've only been to one game where things went bad for the Lions, and that was the game Mike Utley was hurt at, and we still won that 21-10 if I recall correctly. I know it was a win.

So, that should help us out. I've never been to a loss in person.

I think we win 23-13. Arizona only put up 17 points on offense yesterday (the other 7 being an INT-TD), and I think our defense is better than St. Louis'. Arizona has a weak offensive line, and our D-line should put Palmer under a ton of pressure all game (we may even knock him out). Their WRs are good, and will give us problems, but I expect a lot of quick/short throws that our DBs may actually have a chance to defend.

EDIT: Originally I had us at 27 because I was counting wrong. I don't think we get more than two TDs, as Arizona is actually a great defense against the pass, and I still don't trust us to be able to run consistently enough to sustain long drives.

Last edited:
I think were going to wreck the cardinals by multiple touchdowns, something like lions 40 Cardinals- 17

And we have to, as others have said, the coming weeks are tough ones.

Last edited:
CJ will smash Peterson manned up. 150 yards and 2 TDs for him. We win 28-24.

34 - 21 lions.

im still debating if it was our good oline or min's bad dline play yesterday. ARI had a tough front 7 last year...not sure if its still good but should be a good test.

Staff plays the way he did yesterday and we shouldn't have any problems.

Suh may be suspended so fairley and the DEs will have to step up.

34 - 21 lions.

im still debating if it was our good oline or min's bad dline play yesterday. ARI had a tough front 7 last year...not sure if its still good but should be a good test.

Staff plays the way he did yesterday and we shouldn't have any problems.

Suh may be suspended so fairley and the DEs will have to step up.

I felt the same way about the O-Line, but it's also hard for me to imagine a line captained by Jared Allen playing THAT badly. I am cautiously optimistic, but I have to believe our line just held up well against a good D-line.

I don't think will be suspended. Maybe, because of his past, but it's pretty rare for a guy to draw more than a fine on an illegal block.

If suh gets suspended it will be absolute horse shit. It wasnt that serious in fact I debated initially if it was even a penalty. But I do think our dline will put pressure on the cards oline all day and carson is a statue that doesn't play well on the move. Our safety play will have to be better this week and both guys will have to jump underneath some of the deeper routes. Our lbs will need to hit depth on dropbacks which they failed at a few times on sunday.

Fauria should see more time and would have success against their lbs since both safeties should be busy. Expect big numbers again for Burleson and the TE's.

I think our D-line will take advantage of their makeshift O-line (they lost 1st round pick Jonathon Cooper to a knee injury). If our D-line doesn't get good pressure, we could be in trouble since they have Fitzgerald and Floyd.

In terms of offense, I'm interested to see how much 1 v 1 Calvin gets against Peterson. That matchup will determine how they defend us. If Peterson can handle CJ, then they can devote the safety to Bush or others. If CJ beats up on Peterson, then they add the safety and that leaves our other guys open. I was very happy with how Fauria played in Game 1 and I'm looking forward to watching him this season.

Yeah Mitch, but I am Mr. Lucky, and I'll be there. I've only been to one game where things went bad for the Lions, and that was the game Mike Utley was hurt at, and we still won that 21-10 if I recall correctly. I know it was a win.

So, that should help us out. I've never been to a loss in person.

All right then..

If I want to look for ya will you be the one with the foam finger?

Me too. The nephew of a guy I know has season tickets to the Cardinals, so I'm getting off cheap. Of course, they are all Cardinals fans, and they go down early early early for tailgating. So I imagine I'll take a good amount of harassing...which I will handle as long as we WIN the game.

31-21 Lions.

Okay, 3 of us will be there so that's gotta be worth about 10 points in itself.

I think were going to wreck the cardinals by multiple touchdowns, something like lions 40 Cardinals- 17

And we have to, as others have said, the coming weeks are tough ones.

Wow, 40 to minus 17. I'm looking forward to that..

Back