Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Cespedes traded to mets for 2 prospects

That would be awesome.

Wheeler has been the return piece in all of their talks so far. First it was for Carlos Gomez, then it was for Bruce, and now Cespedes. I'd guess we'd have to give up both Ces and Davis to get him, but it'd be well worth it. If we pull it off, we'd be one good free agent away from having a very good rotation next year.

I was all for trading him to build the farm. Not so much anymore. Keeps us competitive while allowing the pitching staff to develop. Lots of "ifs" I know, but I think Cespedes is a productive and key component that actually wants to be here.

Iggy RH
YC RH
Miggy RH
JD RH
VMart SH
Nick RH
Kinsler RH
McCann RH
Gose LH

This is not good.

Last edited:
1:32pm: Talks between the Mets and Tigers ?reignited? on Wednesday night after there had been little contact between the two clubs, tweets Andy Martino of the New York Daily News, who calls a Cespedes acquisition a possibility for the Mets.

We did send the Mets the Steven Moya's Home Run video correct? And not the strike out one?

We might get more if we add him in the discussion.

Tigers Close To Moving Cespedes; White Sox Involved But Not Favorite
By Jeff Todd [July 31, 2015 at 2:32pm CDT]
The Tigers are close to moving Yoenis Cespedes, Bob Nightengale of USA Today tweets. While the White Sox are involved, they aren’t the favorite.

Yoenis Cespedes is in the Tigers' lineup posted in the clubhouse. Rajai Davis is, too.

Back