Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Chris Crocker

imthetruth

Jason La Canfora is reporting via twitter that he is visiting us today and the cards tomorrow. Don't know a whole lot about him other than he is a safety who played for cincy. Has to be an upgrade over speivey, right?

Better than Coleman, right? Or maybe they keep both and get rid of Wendling? Considering the # of injuries Detroit had last year, that might not be a bad idea.

I don't think he's half bad, he's had some decent years, but perhaps a bit on the "old" side.

yeah, i love the idea of cutting last year's starting safety while holding onto his backups...brilliant! depth is highly over-rated...and that is if crocker actually beat out spievey in the first place. you make it sound so simple to replace him, why not go to open tryouts as an undrafted and show us all how easy it is.

dude had problems last year sure, but he was still better than his backups for crying out loud and he was only in his second year. if he blows again this year, then you talk about cutting him...but i'd still rather trade him for even a 7th than let him go for nothing.

I'd say cut Coleman. Let Speivey play special teams and backup safety.

yeah, i love the idea of cutting last year's starting safety while holding onto his backups...brilliant! depth is highly over-rated...and that is if crocker actually beat out spievey in the first place. you make it sound so simple to replace him, why not go to open tryouts as an undrafted and show us all how easy it is.

dude had problems last year sure, but he was still better than his backups for crying out loud and he was only in his second year. if he blows again this year, then you talk about cutting him...but i'd still rather trade him for even a 7th than let him go for nothing.

Who said anything about cutting Spievey?

Let Spievey be a gunner....hes perfect at running fast down the field then running right by the guy with the ball.

crocker i hear from bengal fans is a a terrible tackler. so he'd fit right in

Spievey needs to pick it up this year but not having an offseason at the safety position had to hurt him. First year he was at CB and last year lock out. Spieveys last chance. Crocker will give him better competition than Coleman though so it's a good thing.

thread_direction.gif

Back