Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Dallas CB Jenkins on the trade block

cheeno

After grabbing Mo with the trade up probably looking for a pick for him. Whenever a CB with starting experience is up for grabs, its inevitable that we are mentioned. He has a one year $1M deal left on his contract. Do we bite for a 3rd? Reportedly what they are looking for.

First round draft pick in 2008. Hasn't lived up to the hype, starter quality but is inconsistent and can give up big plays. He's expendable because they have Mo now, just picked up Brandon Carr from the Chiefs and have Scandrick in the slot. But he does come cheap this year $1M he'd fit under the cap (although if he does well he'll want some money next year). The guy has talent but I wouldn't give up a 3rd a 5th and let him compete in camp.

Like I said in the OP probably nothing but whenever a CB comes on the market I think the FO is exploring it.

cheeno is right, he has talen, but doesn't play up to it.

He's soooo good in fact that Dallas has to throw $50m at a CB, and then trade up in the draft to take another.

Anything more than a 6th rounder in next year's draft, and I for one wouldn't be interested.

No thanks at all. Too much talents in the 2nd or third to waste it on Mike Jenkins.

Mayhew could spend that 2nd rounder in any number of ways and come up with more value. Hell, he could use it on a punter and get more talent.

Last edited:
cheeno is right, he has talen, but doesn't play up to it.

He's soooo good in fact that Dallas has to throw $50m at a CB, and then trade up in the draft to take another.

Anything more than a 6th rounder in next year's draft, and I for one wouldn't be interested.

Your right Ink. Hell Asante Samuel went for a 7th. G/L Dallas.

Let's put this one to rest. Consider the following information:

#1 He's in the FINAL year of his rookie deal which was signed prior to the rookie cap, so while I'm not sure what he's making, I think we can all rest assured it's too damned much.

#2 He's coming off shoulder surgery.

#3 He was so spectacular that Dallas had to over spend and trade up to replace him not once, but twice.

#4 reports are that Dallas is looking for a 2nd or 3rd rounder for him.

Any questions left?

And don't forget the major drug concerns on Jenkins.

.. I haven't actually heard of any drug concerns, but if he wants a new contract coming off shoulder surgery, and Dallas thinks they can get a 2nd rounder for him, then I can only assume he's been smoking weed with Jerry Jones... a LOT.

The way Mayhew has handles Dallas before, we could get Jenkins, a first, and a third for a 7th.

HAHA!

Goz is a 1st round pick man. Jerry will give up a 1st and a 3rd easy for that. The old man has gone senile.

Back