Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Darkhorse Candidates

What exactly is the 'potential and upside' for Speight? The fact that he has never, ever taken a snap in college football? This is the crap I'm tired of.

That whole post is just blathering on about nothing.

I will take an unproven Speight or even a frosh over Shane right now because he has proven he cannot play at this level is the point I was making.

Did anyone bring up Todd Graham? Did very well at Tulsa, and has Arizona State in the hunt as an outside team for the national title playoff. If Michigan doesn't end up with their prime candidate, would he be a good choice?

Listened to Dan Wetzel podcast yesterday, with his guest Mike Valenti. There are many obvious reasons to hate Valenti, but for some reason I enjoy listening to him with Wetzel. They were talking about how Richt at Georgia and Bob Stoops at Oklahoma have gotten stale, in a Lloyd Carr kind of way. Win 8, 9, 10 games every year, but not the big one, lose games they shouldn't, etc., etc. One of those guys says something about how Stoops would be great at Michigan. Big name, so respected, a Youngstown guy. Whaddya think of that? Bob Stoops at Michigan would be awesome.

I'd love that. I think a new change of scenery could be good for Stoops, but he's a type of guy that screams lifer to me. His last 4 seasons he has won at least 10 games. They would be crazy to fire him/let him go.

I'd love that. I think a new change of scenery could be good for Stoops, but he's a type of guy that screams lifer to me. His last 4 seasons he has won at least 10 games. They would be crazy to fire him/let him go.

That's what I thought. But Wetzel said a lot of people at Oklahoma would not shed a tear if he left.

When The Vest got canned a lot of buckfans I know simply said Stoops was going to be the next coach there. because he's from ohio, you know.

Back