Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Darren McFadden?

golions1989

Per Rotoworld:

New offensive coordinator Greg Knapp is expected to install a zone-blocking scheme in Oakland.
Darren McFadden never flourished under former coach Tom Cable's zone-blocking scheme, only emerging once Hue Jackson molded the offense to his strengths. ESPN's John Clayton suggests the Raiders will have to decide whether to re-sign free agent Michael Bush or trade McFadden this offseason. Knapp has been a decidedly run-heavy play-caller, though it's odd that the Raiders are now installing an offense that won't cater to the skills of its most dynamic player. Beat writer Steve Corkran suggested last week that McFadden could be dangled as a trade chip for new GM Reggie McKenzie.

-------------------------------------------

Obviously an incredibly unlikely scenario, but what - if anything - would you guys give up to get McFadden on the market? Do you think any team would chalk up a 1st rounder or more for a back that hasn't been the model of consistency (although has shown flashes of being a top 5 back when healthy)?

RB is a weird piece to use to dangle as trade bait. Hes probably better than some of the projected late frist rounders like miller and wilson but no team in their right mind would spend that much on him since hes injured every year.

Lions have other needs to address and have already wasted too many high draft picks trying to improve a position that wont improve until the oline is better. If youre the lions i wouldnt think they would offer anything higher than a 3rd rd pick for him.

mhughes0021 said:
RB is a weird piece to use to dangle as trade bait. Hes probably better than some of the projected late frist rounders like miller and wilson but no team in their right mind would spend that much on him since hes injured every year.

Lions have other needs to address and have already wasted too many high draft picks trying to improve a position that wont improve until the oline is better. If youre the lions i wouldnt think they would offer anything higher than a 3rd rd pick for him.

a 3rd for McFadden...you'd get and would deserve to get laughed at.

I want nothing to do with that bandaid. He'd fit right in, though........lol.

SLICK said:
mhughes0021 said:

id laugh at them for dangling a rb that cant get on the field...ever. the question was what would they get for him....i cant imagine them getting anything more than that. aka...hes not going anywhere.

mhughes0021 said:
SLICK said:
id laugh at them for dangling a rb that cant get on the field...ever. the question was what would they get for him....i cant imagine them getting anything more than that. aka...hes not going anywhere.

He's seen the field more in the last 3 years then our franchise QB ;)

SLICK said:
mhughes0021 said:

Shazam!!
shocked.gif

tonyballs said:
SLICK said:

Shazam!!
shocked.gif

cool.png
DMC is a fucking stud....if the Raiders took less then a 2nd for him it's just another in a line of bad decisions they have made over the years.

SLICK said:
tonyballs said:

cool.png
DMC is a fucking stud....if the Raiders took less then a 2nd for him it's just another in a line of bad decisions they have made over the years.

again that wasnt the question....it was what would they get for him. If youre a gm of a team youd give Oak a 2nd round pick right now? Most teams that need to improve their run game have RBs...they need an oline. Not to mention most teams throw the ball 50 times a game now. If im the lions gm i wouldnt pay oak a 2nd rd pick. Thatd be a first plus the cost of trading up for best. a 2nd plus the cost of moving up for leshoure and a 2nd for DMC and our run game would STILL suck. This would be the ultimate dumb fuck move for MM...straight out of the Millen book.

mhughes0021 said:
SLICK said:
cool.png

again that wasnt the question....it was what would they get for him. If youre a gm of a team youd give Oak a 2nd round pick right now? Most teams that need to improve their run game have RBs...they need an oline. Not to mention most teams throw the ball 50 times a game now. If im the lions gm i wouldnt pay oak a 2nd rd pick. Thatd be a first plus the cost of trading up for best. a 2nd plus the cost of moving up for leshoure and a 2nd for DMC and our run game would STILL suck. This would be the ultimate dumb fuck move for MM...straight out of the Millen book.

the OP said "any" team.....where did I say I wanted the Lions to trade for him.

if the Raiders dangled McFadden out there...I guarantee you someone would offer a 2nd or higher for hiim...he's better then 3/4 of the starters in the League.

Although we have more pressing needs...If I were the lions, I would dangle a 2nd round pick for him...

krannix said:
Although we have more pressing needs...If I were the lions, I would dangle a 2nd round pick for him...

Then when our RBs come out of the tunnel they can blast the theme from MASH.

krannix said:

Of course you would...

I dont want this team to move up in the draft or dangle a draft pick for a rb. We need to fill out this team and another cripple at rb is a waste of time. Just grab a guy late in the draft with some skills and move on.

Looking around the league, the only team I can really think of that I think 'should' try to nab McFadden (if any team tries) would be the Steelers with Mendenhall just blowing out his ACL at the end of the year and likely to start on PUP next year. I don't see anyone actually moving in on Run DMC though... Come week 3, the Steelers would just have 2 talented, but injured running backs.

see salary cap. Any RB will be drafted or undrafted or league minimum

Back