Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Defense is good. Special teams are bad. #9 is.....

hankpav53

Up and down each week... he shows streaks of brilliance one game.. then lays an egg like this one...

The defense played very, very good... 21points from ints and special teams... besides that we shut them DOWN...

I feel like there's always one or two punt returns that always gash us each game.. with hester it was magnified..

Should win next week... but it'll all depend on how this team can respond to this ass pounding we got

hankpav53 said:
Up and down each week... he shows streaks of brilliance one game.. then lays an egg like this one...

The defense played very, very good... 21points from ints and special teams... besides that we shut them DOWN...

I feel like there's always one or two punt returns that always gash us each game.. with hester it was magnified..

Should win next week... but it'll all depend on how this team can respond to this ass pounding we got

i agree with everything you said.... stafford outright freaking murdered us today.....(and special teams)

In all reality though after watching the press conference he is playing with a fractured finger on his throwing hand.

He was very erratic today with his throws and some can be accounted to the gusty wind and some to bad mistakes on his part. Making a transition from never using gloves to using them can be cause for missed throws as it showed today but the whole offense really can be put to blame. Stafford did make some horrendous throws out there today but the dropped passes and fumbles by the receiving corp today was absolutely horrible. The start to the game when we were clearly moving to ball to both end with fumbles and in turn give them excellent field position can sometimes take the wind right out of your sail.

If you look over how we started the 2nd half as well with the pick 6 after the defensive 3 and out did it again as that clearly took away any type of momentum we could of build upon coming into the 2nd half and just seemed to take the wind right outta our sails on offense.

pr0tege said:
In all reality though after watching the press conference he is playing with a fractured finger on his throwing hand.

He was very erratic today with his throws and some can be accounted to the gusty wind and some to bad mistakes on his part. Making a transition from never using gloves to using them can be cause for missed throws as it showed today but the whole offense really can be put to blame. Stafford did make some horrendous throws out there today but the dropped passes and fumbles by the receiving corp today was absolutely horrible. The start to the game when we were clearly moving to ball to both end with fumbles and in turn give them excellent field position can sometimes take the wind right out of your sail.

If you look over how we started the 2nd half as well with the pick 6 after the defensive 3 and out did it again as that clearly took away any type of momentum we could of build upon coming into the 2nd half and just seemed to take the wind right outta our sails on offense.

I wish i knew that before i started him in Fantasy Football..

imthetruth said:
pr0tege said:

Yeah whats really weird is I have both Stafford and Vick and decided to start Vick instead this week and he ended up with 8 total points and Stafford with 9.

I ended up tied lmao. So even with the bad game I should have started Stafford damnit lol.

pr0tege said:
imthetruth said:

Yeah whats really weird is I have both Stafford and Vick and decided to start Vick instead this week and he ended up with 8 total points and Stafford with 9.

I ended up tied lmao. So even with the bad game I should have started Stafford damnit lol.

I had that same problem, next week I'm benching Vick and starting Stafford

Jury is still out on the D imo. We arent getting consistent pressure upfront. We played well vs the run this week but to be honest chicagos offense wasnt on the filed much and when they were they didnt have to do much. Offense/ST put them in a horrible position all game. The part i REALLY hate though is that on 3rd and long when the game was still close...the D couldnt get off the field. Spievey and Delmas get into this frikken prevent defense that leaves the entire middle of the field 20 yds down the field wide open.....its the worst defensive alignment i ever seen and im starting to blame spievey less and gunthers dumb ass defensive calls more. Cutler carved up our D when he had to....wind schmind stafford....get your fucking act together.

Back