Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Denard

alonzomoseley

I'm really glad that Denard has a 70% completion rate in practice. But he is an absolutely HORRIBLE passer when game time rolls around. There are 8 in the box, because there is no fear of his arm at all.

. . . and yet he still rushed for 200 yards and we won by 21. Is there something you think should have been done? Maybe get a talent injection? Maybe the coaches stunk?

Were you still thinking Michigan had the Big Ten in their pocket?

You're just whining now.

I've seen this play before. When we get into Big Ten play, if Denard doesn't start throwing well enough to make the D respect his arm, its going to be tough sledding. Just concerned, that's all. So what's your problem?

Just not sure we needed the 50th thread to post that concern. I haven't met any Michigan fan, and I mean any that doesn't have that concern?

I have no problem - just calling 'em like I see 'em. Just like you.

theo said:
It's impossible to get points through to some of you. I give up.

Whatever that means. If you have something to say, by all means, let's discuss. That's what I'm here for.

alonzomoseley said:
theo said:
It's impossible to get points through to some of you. I give up.

Whatever that means. If you have something to say, by all means, let's discuss. That's what I'm here for.

I'm tired of reading the same threads over and over, but fine, here's my point:

It doesn't matter if Denard can't throw because he gives this team the best chance to win right now. Say what you want about Devin Gardner, but the coaches start Denard for a reason. They know what they're doing. So stop whining about Denard's throwing ability and accept that we have a run-first quarterback for the rest of this season, and possibly the next.

theo said:
alonzomoseley said:

It doesn't matter if Denard can't throw because he gives this team the best chance to win right now. Say what you want about Devin Gardner, but the coaches start Denard for a reason. They know what they're doing. So stop whining about Denard's throwing ability and accept that we have a run-first quarterback for the rest of this season, and possibly the next.

No, actually, I think I'm going to decline to stop talking about Denard's inability to throw, or any other topic that pops into my head. Jesus, what is wrong with people. I watched Hoke being interviewed after the game. He was pretty critical of some of the play today. Why don't you give him a call and tell him to stop whining.

alonzomoseley said:
theo said:

No, actually, I think I'm going to decline to stop talking about Denard's inability to throw, or any other topic that pops into my head. Jesus, what is wrong with people. I watched Hoke being interviewed after the game. He was pretty critical of some of the play today. Why don't you give him a call and tell him to stop whining.

THERE ARE MUTLIPLE THREADS ABOUT IT EVERY WEEK. At this point it's spam.

I also read nothing in that post refuting my point.

He's the coach , you're not. pblttt!!!!!!

Oh coach Hoke . . . . stop yur whinin'

Feel better now?

theo said:
alonzomoseley said:

THERE ARE MUTLIPLE THREADS ABOUT IT EVERY WEEK. At this point it's spam.

I also read nothing in that post refuting my point.
Wow, you are really worked up about this. And I really don't get what you mean about refuting your point. Which point? That Denard gives us the best chance to win? Why would I refute it, since I don't disagree? I don't want Denard replaced. I simply pointed out a concern about his poor passing. If you think that's not worth your time, don't bother reading it, and if you happen to accidentally read it, certainly don't waste your valuable time responding.

KAWDUP said:
He's the coach , you're not. pblttt!!!!!!

Oh coach Hoke . . . . stop yur whinin'

Feel better now?

So, no one but BH can make a critical comment? Since when?

I will be taking your advice to packersfan. Other than to tell you it is no longer worth my valuable time to respond in this thread, I guess you can have your 50th thread on the subject to yourself.

Denard can throw, and once he works himself out of this current funk he's in, he's going to be deadly. Keep the faith.

KAWDUP said:
I will be taking your advice to packersfan. Other than to tell you it is no longer worth my valuable time to respond in this thread, I guess you can have your 50th thread on the subject to yourself.

Nope. There may have been many other threads on this topic. But yesterday was my first time ever commenting on how bad Denard's throws were. I guarantee you can't find me mentioning it even once before yesterday. Sorry if you confused me with someone else.

Jever4321 said:
Denard can throw, and once he works himself out of this current funk he's in, he's going to be deadly. Keep the faith.

Ya know, I know he can throw better. I thought he threw better last year. But he seems to have regressed. Which I guess I should chalk up to a new offense and new coaches and new terminology, etc. With the D's progress every week, if Denard can just get back to the point where the opponent has to respect the pass a little more, this team can be a force.

Back