Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Did we possibly dodge a bullet?

gotime909

Fielder has complained about neck problems pretty much all season. He has a herniated disk and had a nerve root injection this morning. Anytime you have neck or back problems it could lead to lingering problems. Gonna sit through the weekend and see if the injection takes.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/mlb/story/_/id/10946999/prince-fielder-herniated-disk-neck-texas-rangers

Note: I was gonna put this in the MLB forum, but figured it's "Tiger talk". If any of you mods want to move it feel free.

Way too early to tell. It's probably be much ado about nothing, or it could be a major issue. One thing is for certain though, a man his size with a potential back issue cannot be a good thing for the Rangers right now.

anytime youre that fat you could have lingering issues. Anytime your wife is messing around with teammates you could have lingering issues. We dodged a bullet before his neck started to act up.....

right, and I'm sure that violent swing doesn't help matters

We dodged a bullet when we traded a player who could give a shit if the team won or lost for player that gives his all on every play and saved about 200 million in the process. It doesnt shock me that he has back issues because he is fat and doesnt take care of himself like he should. And as mentioned above he swings very violently. As you get older your body will break down. His will break down faster because of his weight.

We dodged a bullet when we traded a player who could give a shit if the team won or lost for player that gives his all on every play and saved about 200 million in the process. It doesnt shock me that he has back issues because he is fat and doesnt take care of himself like he should. And as mentioned above he swings very violently. As you get older your body will break down. His will break down faster because of his weight.

We didn't save close to 200m. More like 55m~.

OK so I was off when I said 200 mil.

One thing that shocked me when I read the article is that Texas admits they did not give Prince a physical when they made the trade. Given the amount of money involved I would think you would make sure he was healthy.

I do recall thinking that his swing didn't seem quiet as violent as it had previously largely in the second half..it may make sense now...I do also remember that fister had battled some elbow issues off and on last year and was often not getting through 6 so...yeah...those trades weren't so bad were they

Last edited:
Bullet successfully dodged. I read though that even if the rump rangers had given him a physical, it wouldn't have shown up because it's not something that would show up on a normal physical.

Now all we need is Fister to have Tommy John and we can all proclaim DD Lord and ruler of all.

It's definitely a win for this season..a big one at that. And Fielder being a year older next season, after neck surgery the trade will work out much better than I anticipated.

Back