Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Ed Werder reports Schwartz was set to be fired last year until ownership stepped in..

jdavis89

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ss...ed:+detroit-lions+(Detroit+Lions+-+MLive.com)

"Then, there's the fact that Schwartz was nearly fired last year," Werder said. "Really, the only reason he wasn't was Bill Ford Jr. felt that the buyout number in his contract was far too high.

"But there are people, internally, who question how undisciplined this team is and they really have an aversion to Schwartz's personality."

$

He shouldve been, a team losing 8 straight games to end a season should be a death sentence as far as coaches go. The fact that nothing was done, just proves the ineptness of the organization as a whole. Ford Jr fighting to keep Schwartz here is a sign of how fucked us fans are with the Ford family running this organization.

Last edited:
Agreed. My old avatar was all the changes losing franchises made last year. The Lions stood pat. The buyout number being too high is further evidence of the entire organizations ineptitude.

Agreed. My old avatar was all the changes losing franchises made last year. The Lions stood pat. The buyout number being too high is further evidence of the entire organizations ineptitude.

didnt lovie win 10 games the year he was fired? I guess that's why josh mccown's bears are ahead of us in the division.

Hopefully his buyout number went down then. I'd hate for Ford Jr to have to pass on that 5th vacation home he was planning on.

If this is true, we might have to endure a few more decades of bad football. This shows me that Jr is more concerned with saving a few bucks over improving the organization (and let's be honest, whatever that buyout was, it's probably pocket change to the Ford family). On the bright side, I do have more respect for Mayhew now, he saw the problem but ownership refused to take action.

I'm sure we all agree Millen was one of the worst GMs of all time, but I have to wonder if ownership had a hand in any of those picks. Does ownership have a larger influence than many of us think?

Last edited:
If this is true, we might have to endure a few more decades of bad football. This shows me that Jr is more concerned with saving a few bucks over improving the organization (and let's be honest, whatever that buyout was, it's probably pocket change to the Ford family). On the bright side, I do have more respect for Mayhew now, he saw the problem but ownership refused to take action.

I'm sure we all agree Millen was one of the worst GMs of all time, but I have to wonder if ownership had a hand in any of those picks. Does ownership have a larger influence than many of us think?

The whole organization is schizophrenic as hell.

Didn't they end up paying Millen around 30+ Million?
Ford Jr is worried about money :/

I HATE THE FORDS... JUST GO BACK AND DO THE MATH.
SINCE 1963 THE FORDS ARE OVER 100 GAMES UNDER
Pathetic

Last edited:
Didn't they end up paying Millen around 30+ Million?
Ford Jr is worried about money :/

I HATE THE FORDS... JUST GO BACK AND DO THE MATH.
SINCE 1963 THE FORDS ARE OVER 100 GAMES UNDER
Pathetic

Maybe daddy spent his inheritance.

Maybe daddy spent his inheritance.

Currently worth around $1 billion, can't be hurting too bad. On top of that, for some inexplicable reason, this fan base is extremely loyal and sells out Ford Field every game.

Wasn't there a report last year that the lions were the least profitable team in the NFL? That may have played a part in not wanting to buy him out.

Damn. And I thought Jr. was one of the last hopes we had at negating Sr.'s dumb business decisions. And he looks healthy to boot. (Sigh) it's gonna be a long life putting up with this next generation of bullshit management.

dumbass financial "wizards". you own the only team that loses money, why? because you continually produce a shitty product. you have tons of talent on this team, and the coaches are not able to take the talent to the next level where they win games and make you money, but let's keep these guys because firing them will cost too much. brilliant short-sighted business financial genius at its finest.

i fucking hate financial geniuses with their lack of risk taking and putting handcuffs on those who will actually help their company be more profitable.

Back