Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Final Season Predictions

evolutionkb

Well the preseason is over, and it's time for final predictions for the regular season. I am excited about this team this year, and I think they can go far as long as Stafford is healthy. Yup, we win three on the road before one at home.

1. 9/11@TB W: TB is overrated and our offense runs wild. Blount runs for 125, but nothing real long. 35-17

2. 9/18 vs KC L: KC wins a close one on a last second field goal. 20-17, as our offense sputters in the early season.

3. 9/25 @ Min W: McNabb tries too hard and throws two picks. 24-17.

4. 10/2 @Dal W: 27-24 Detroit squeaks out a win, but Romo leaves the game behind his new O-line.

5. 10/10 vs Chi (Monday Night): W: 17-14: A defensive battle and we get revenge for game 1 last year on a TD to Burleson on the final drive.

6. 10/16 vs SF: L: 27-21: Can't win em all, and Gore breaks 2 long runs for TDs.

7. 10/23 vs Atl: L: 35-21: Quite simply, Lions are dominated all game. Lions score two late in fourth to make it look closer. Fairley finally plays but has little effect.

8. 10/30 @ Den (4pm Start): W: 24-21 OT. A comeback in the second half, and an OT win halts thoughts of "same ol' lions."

9. BYE

10. 11/13 @Chi L: 24-10 Lions lose one in a blizzard where neither team can throw the ball.

11. 11/20 vs Car W: 27-21 Cam Newton still can't run the offense well, but they can still run the ball. Panthers score late on a kickoff to make game look closer.

12. 11/24 vs GB (Thanksgiving) W: 33-28 A statement win by the lions is on national TV against the Champs. Fairley shows up finally.

13. 12/4 @NO L: 38-21: Still tripping from tryptophan, Brees carves us up and Ingram runs for a couple too.

14. 12/11 vs. Min W: 21-6 We settle back in, beating Minnesota, as we push towards a wildcard.

15. 12/18 @Oak (4pm start) W: 35-10 Without Aso, Stafford can't be stopped, throws for over 400 and 5 TDs.

16. 12/24 vs SD (4pm start) W: 31-28 Both teams aerial attack is very effective, but we pull it off again with a late field goal.

17. 1/1 @GB L: 28-17 GB breaks our hearts in the last game of the year, keeping us from a wildcard game.

Final: 10-6
5 road wins, 5 home wins. Stafford stays healthy for 16 games, Best is banged up, but plays in all games. Our secondary is beat up by the end of year as well.

I personally do not see the Lions losing to SF nor the game @ Bears...blizzard or no.

12-4

8-8. Lack of a running game hurts, defense is still a year away.

I see 6 wins and 6 losses on there for sure....the other 4 can go either way...

like the guy above says...lack of run game between the tackles is going to hurt at some point , depth on the OLINE is periless and is going to be a factor at some point also.

we're getting close though....1 more draft and FA and they should be a contender for the next 5 years.

1. 9/11@TB W: TB played us close last year and we did get the benefit of an iffy call. I say the Lions sneak one out with a late FG. 20-17

2. 9/18 vs KC W: KC played some pretty weak competition last year and I think the Lions are going to come out strong in the home opener. 23-16

3. 9/25 @ Min W: Minnesota isn't as good as they used to be but I have no doubt they'll still play us tough, especially in their home 17-14.

4. 10/2 @Dal L: Looked terrible against them last year, with a healthy Romo, I think the Lions will still have trouble. Dallas wins 28-17

5. 10/10 vs Chi (Monday Night): W If this were in Chicago I'd probably put this as a loss but I think Ford Field will be electric and give the Lions some long forgotten home field advantage. 21-17

6. 10/16 vs SF: W SF could be one of the worst teams in the NFL this year. 23-14

7. 10/23 vs Atl: L Atlanta is still the better team by quite a margin, I don't see the Lions staying with them. Atlanta wins 35-17

8. 10/30 @ Den (4pm Start): L This will probably one of those games the Lions end up blowing and everyone feeling terrible with a 2 game losing streak going into the bye. Denver wins 24-21

9. BYE

10. 11/13 @Chi L Chicago will be tough to play at home, one CJ TD or not won't help them this time. Chicago wins 27-14

11. 11/20 vs Car W At home this shouldn't be too much of a problem for the Lions, though I think it will remain close. 24-20

12. 11/24 vs GB (Thanksgiving) L This will be the most epic game of the year for the Lions, something we will remember but it will end up going down as a loss as GB gets the OT win 30-27

13. 12/4 @NO L Much like Atlanta I don't see the Lions as much of a match for the Saints, Saints win big 34-21

14. 12/11 vs. Min W After a tough month or so, Lions get back to winning and take this one from Minnesota 21-10

15. 12/18 @Oak (4pm start) W Ends up going into a high scoring game with the Lions on the winning end 34-31

16. 12/24 vs SD (4pm start) L I think SD is going to be too tough for them, even at home, both teams will score a lot and the Lions will come out on the losing end 35-28

17. 1/1 @GB L GB handles us easily as they fight their way to the number 1 seed in the NFC. GB wins 17-10 after leading 14-3 at the half.

Final: 8-8
3 road wins, 5 home wins.

8 wins I would be happy with. I feel like this is the year Stafford stays healthy and a 10 win season is within our grasp.

SLICK said:

like the guy above says...lack of run game between the tackles is going to hurt at some point , depth on the OLINE is periless and is going to be a factor at some point also.

we're getting close though....1 more draft and FA and they should be a contender for the next 5 years.

I wouldn't expect FA to help us much... re-upping Avril, $100 million dollar man CJ, Tulloch, etc, etc

Why would it matter if we play the vikings before the snow?, or are you worried if it's raining. Last time i checked they play in a dome.

wiese said:
Why would it matter if we play the vikings before the snow?, or are you worried if it's raining. Last time i checked they play in a dome.

He's worried the dome will collapse and kill the whole team, thereby leaving us to play the rest of the season with the fill in, British Columbia Lions.

cheeno said:
SLICK said:

I wouldn't expect FA to help us much... re-upping Avril, $100 million dollar man CJ, Tulloch, etc, etc

caps going to go up....pieces can always be added.

SLICK said:
cheeno said:

True, forgot about the cap increase, we'll need every penny of that.

cheeno said:
SLICK said:

True, forgot about the cap increase, we'll need every penny of that.

Im not talking about a blockbuster deal for a FA , just a couple of pieces maybe a vet OLINE or CB or maybe a RB.

gotta take care of our own first like you stated though...

If Staff stays healthy 9-10 wins. If not 6-8 wins. This team is so close to a playoff team they can taste it. But I worry that we may have issues closing games out like we did vs the Jets last year.

Time for this team to grow up and learn to win the close games, and dominate the easier teams on the schedule...10-6

Sticking with my late July prediction. 11-5. 10-5 heading into Green Bay week 17. GB will sit their starters for most of the game with a bye clinched for the 1st round of the playoffs. I feel relieved mine and Zyxt's win totals don't match.

I am sticking with original that I was saying at the end of last year.
The arrow is definitely pointing up just as I had foreseen this off-season. I am fairly confident that Stafford will not look so pristine once he is required to play a full 4 quarters, but he will be very efficient.

The run game remains a bit of a work in progress. The league has postponed any HGH testing until further notice... O.K. O line, juice em if you got em! It's time to bulk up.

10-6

wiese said:

Lack of sleep made me forget they do play in a dome.

Back