Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 109 Tigers @ Yankees

Thumb

Game 109 Tigers @ Yankees August 4th, 2014

Tigers lineup:

2B: Ian Kinsler
CF: Ezequiel Carrera
1B: Miguel Cabrera
DH: Victor Martinez
RF: Torii Hunter
LF: J.D. Martinez
3B: Don Kelly
C: Alex Avila
SS: Eugenio Suarez

SP: Max Scherzer

Yankmees lineup:

LF: Gardner
SS: Jeter
CF: Ellsbury
1B: Teixeira
DH: Beltran
C: McCann
3B: Headley
2B: Drew
RF: Prado

SP: B. McCarthy

MLB GameDay
ESPN Preview
Scherzer vs. Yankmees
Tigers vs. McCarthy

Last edited:
Yankees have a few line up changes now because Tex felt lightheaded. Ichiro in RF. Prado went to 3rd and Headley went to 1st?

National TV (ESPN), so get to see the Tigs first hand (yes, because I'm too cheap to buy the MLB package).

Let's go boys!

DESTROY THEM

i hate the yanks. if i had spare money id totally be at a game though, NY isnt super far from me.

National TV (ESPN), so get to see the Tigs first hand (yes, because I'm too cheap to buy the MLB package).

Let's go boys!

I'm the same way this year. Moved out of state and didn't get the package so I rarely see them play.

Interesting to see Don Kelly at 3B playing in right field vs. that pull-hitter.

Donnie Kelly falls behind 0-2 and draws a walk. Bases juiced for AA. He's due for a big hit isn't he?

Vmart Lead off double
Hunter K on a pitched that bounced in

JD battles check swings on the balls in the dirt, works it full before singleing sharply into right just over drews head at 2nd, 1st and third 1 out for Don freskin' kelly

Don freakin' Kelly, quickly behind in the count 0-2 after fouling off one to each side of the field, takes low, inside for ball 2, inside again count full outside ball 4! Loaded up for Avila

Alex swings and misses on a first pitch breaking ball 0-1, inside ball 1, wouldn't bite on that breaking ball again low ball 2, fouls off inside pitch for strike two, fouls off another, and he Swings right through one and freakin k's

Suarez fouls off first pitch, takes ball 1 outside, fouls off another 1-2 count now, breaking ball drops in for strike 3, bum throws 34 pitches and gets out of it with no damage

Tigers loaded em up and threaten but do not score, sonava monkeys ass!

Last edited:
All those runs the other day left our bats on E.

Needed to conserve some.

Let's go boys!

I have the MLBTV package, but I live in NY so the game would be Blacked Out. I have to watch the game on YES, because they have the rights in NY on National Telecasts of the Yankees. Fortunately, I have the Sports package for DirectTV and can watch YES. Otherwise I wouldn't get it.

Back