Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game #4 NYR 5 Detroit 2 Final

So every time we lose it's Yzerplan at work? I guess game 2 Yzerplan worked beautifully.

By improving every year? The dude is one of the best GM in the NHL.
6 years and they still haven't made the playoffs. Half the fucking league makes the playoffs!!! Tampa has done just fine without him. 6 years ago they had shitty goal tending and their best player was Dylan Larkin. Today they have shitty goal tending and their best player is Dylan Larkin. So he gets a little credit for a couple of the top 10 picks appear to be decent. I sure as hell hope he'd hit on a couple players picking top 10 every year.

I'm a fan of all detroit teams and want them all to be good. But I just don't understand why after 6 years they don't seem much better.

Also, remember Joe Dumars once built a championship team. Turns out he appeared to be more lucky than good at his job.

6 years and they still haven't made the playoffs. Half the fucking league makes the playoffs!!! Tampa has done just fine without him. 6 years ago they had shitty goal tending and their best player was Dylan Larkin. Today they have shitty goal tending and their best player is Dylan Larkin. So he gets a little credit for a couple of the top 10 picks appear to be decent. I sure as hell hope he'd hit on a couple players picking top 10 every year.

I'm a fan of all detroit teams and want them all to be good. But I just don't understand why after 6 years they don't seem much better.

Also, remember Joe Dumars once built a championship team. Turns out he appeared to be more lucky than good at his job.
Yzerman built TB. It's like giving credit to Barry Switzer for winning the SB a year after Jimmy Johnson left. It's funny when Matt Millen was fired there were excuse after excuse saying, Millen left them in a jam and got blamed for years later. Years and years. But when the previous owner left the Wings in a jam Yzerman doesn't get the same pass. They're considered one of the top farm systems. TB without Yzerman is considered one of the worst.

It's ok that you're fine with mediocrity. But the results are what the results are.

It's ok that you're fine with mediocrity. But the results are what the results are.
Not sure how 91 points last season was mediocrity. Tigers went 10 years between playoff apps. Pistons going on 6 seasons, Lions went 30 plus years without a playoff win. Though it seems most of your hate is with the Wings.

Not sure how 91 points last season was mediocrity. Tigers went 10 years between playoff apps. Pistons going on 6 seasons, Lions went 30 plus years without a playoff win. Though it seems most of your hate is with the Wings.
91 pts didn't make the playoffs. Half the league made the playoffs.

6 years is a tad to long for a rebuild.. Holland did handcuff the team that is for sure.
Wish Steve’ s minor league talent would start pushing us over the top.
Hopefully it will.
It is dreadful how Detroit sports owners seem to get a pass for years of not winnnig titles.
Tigers have not won since 1984. I’m still not convinced Chris has a clue I really hope he does.

Red wings haven’t won since 2008-09. Pistons since 2004. Lions since 1957.
With such a great fan base in Michigan and with two great colleges to root for you would think we would have more championships than we do. Idk I just want some titles.

6 years is a tad to long for a rebuild.. Holland did handcuff the team that is for sure.
Wish Steve’ s minor league talent would start pushing us over the top.
Hopefully it will.
It is dreadful how Detroit sports owners seem to get a pass for years of not winnnig titles.
Tigers have not won since 1984. I’m still not convinced Chris has a clue I really hope he does.

Red wings haven’t won since 2008-09. Pistons since 2004. Lions since 1957.
With such a great fan base in Michigan and with two great colleges to root for you would think we would have more championships than we do. Idk I just want some titles.
Its been a while for sure. But lots of teams have longer drought than the Pistons, Red Wings, and even the Tigers. I just try and enjoy.. The only one that wasn't enjoyable this past year has been the Pistons but only way to go is up.. Overall I think the past year has been successful for Detroit sports.

Back