Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

GB worried me at first...

I'm worried about Tampa Bay.

Green Bay looked real good for sure, but Brees pretty much carved them up too. The only way to stop Green Bay is to pressure Rodgers, they have too many weapons otherwise.

The key to stopping/slowing Rodgers is getting pressure on him without blitzing. The Saints revamped D line wasn't up to the challenge and was handled all day long. We're deeper and younger across the front, so time will tell but I think we can hang with anyone.

motorcitym said:
The Saints Dline proved to be massively overrated and was grossly exposed. I like our matchup with GB, I think our D line and LB core is better than the Saints. I'm also looking forward to our matchup against NO, whose offensive line was no match for GB's front 3

You are underestimating NO and GB. Both teams will have their way with the Lions when the Lions are on the road.

Green bay held the saints to 27pts when tramon was still in, which isn't so bad. Still both pass defenses were sloppy.

Maize&Cheese304 said:
Green bay held the saints to 27pts when tramon was still in, which isn't so bad. Still both pass defenses were sloppy.

I blame it more on the teams lack of pressure.

Will Smith didn't play for the Saints due to Star Caps. That was pretty big missing their best DE. Turk McBride started for the Saints. Rogers is not the same player he once was and Cameron Jordan is talented but a rookie. Saints Dline needs Smith back and some time to gel. Saints D got torched by Seattle too. Their offense though looks just as scary as the Pack and now they have a running game with Thomas,Ingram and Sproles. Sproles looked deadly too on returns but the Pack coverage has stunk for awhile.

Pack are going to be very tough to beat. It's all up to our Dline as thats the only way to beat Rodgers is pressure him a good amount and also control the clock on the otherside. The last 4 Quarters with Rodgers, GB has scored zero points on Detroit due to the Dline. That must continue on Thanksgiving or it will be a shootout.

tomdalton22 said:
motorcitym said:
The Saints Dline proved to be massively overrated and was grossly exposed. I like our matchup with GB, I think our D line and LB core is better than the Saints. I'm also looking forward to our matchup against NO, whose offensive line was no match for GB's front 3

You are underestimating NO and GB. Both teams will have their way with the Lions when the Lions are on the road.

I think both games against GB and the NO game will be much closer and lower scoring. The Saints were bullied up and down the field up front and only got pressure on Rodgers when they blitzed. GB's O line will not have there way with the Lions rotation at DT and DE like they did against the Saints. By the time we play both of these teams our D line will be even deeper with the addition and game experience Fairley will have by then.

Its early but GB might of hit a home run with Cobb.. Guy looks like the second coming of Dante Hall..

We'll be fine. I wouldn't go as far as to predict anything, but even the best teams lose games throughout the course of the season. Good thing for us that by the time we play them, we'll have enough footage of them to where we won't be going into the game blind.

Back