Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hoke Watch

Hoke's Fate Will Be ...

• Determined this week - fired before team goes to Ohio

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Determined immediately following the game in Ohio - fired on Monday

Votes: 21 55.3%
  • Determined if the University has another HC in line and ready - in mid-December or later

Votes: 13 34.2%
  • Determined based on his performance next season as Head Coach

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters

TheVictors

Now that we've been reduced to this sort of garbage, what is Hoke's future going to be?

Fired this year week after osu but will be allowed to do football bust

So I say mid December departure

If the wait till January though payout reduces $1m

They could do effective January 1 or something like that

I have. O idea who to look to for replacement. Yeah we have kicked certain names around, but the same names floating around for other jobs

Going to be a other transition year but right coaching staff could get performance out of these kids

I have. O idea who to look to for replacement. Yeah we have kicked certain names around, but the same names floating around for other jobs

Going to be a other transition year but right coaching staff could get performance out of these kids

Yep, have to get the right coach that can get the players to play to their potential. There was plenty of talent on this team. It makes me wonder what Hoke and the coaching staff think the problem has been. Do they acknowledge that there is a major problem when your offense cannot score from inside the 5? When your DBs are playing 10 yards off the receivers giving up 3rd and longs to receivers that are wide open.

I stuck up for this dude, until yesterday. He is way to soft to coach for a major program.

Can we please not call Ohio State "Ohio" anymore? I'm sick of it. I always felt stupid saying it and the only reason I did is because it became the universal way of saying "I'm a Michigan fan and Fuck Ohio State". I'd prefer to call them what they are. Cheaters, liars, thieves, animals, uneducated and overrated pussies. Ohio State is synonymous with all of those things. And now that Hoke is gone or on his way out, I want no more attachment to him. He's fucked our recruiting up and set this team back another 2-3 years. Fuck you, Flintstone.

Fired after the Ohio State game. There is no bowl game so you don't need a coach stinking the place up more for no reason.

Can we please not call Ohio State "Ohio" anymore? I'm sick of it. I always felt stupid saying it and the only reason I did is because it became the universal way of saying "I'm a Michigan fan and Fuck Ohio State". I'd prefer to call them what they are. Cheaters, liars, thieves, animals, uneducated and overrated pussies. Ohio State is synonymous with all of those things. And now that Hoke is gone or on his way out, I want no more attachment to him. He's fucked our recruiting up and set this team back another 2-3 years. Fuck you, Flintstone.

Yes please. I've been saying this from the start. I hate the stupid "ohio" thing.

I hated this Ohio thing and agree he is too soft

Not HC

Good guy but stronger in other aspects of coaching, mentoring young men

And yes he knows there is an issue but unless you want him doing a John Smith type meltdown he will stay with coach speak

Fired this year week after osu but will be allowed to do football bust

So I say mid December departure

If the wait till January though payout reduces $1m

I agree with everything you said, and I'm also not excited for the future (unless of course we get Jim Harbaugh) for the same reason as your last point.

Another transition year is going to be rough, although if it's anything like Hoke's first year, that would be tolerable.

I will be extra worried if we get another completely new staff, or the new coach comes off as a clueless prick (a la RR), although I definitely would not mind a completely new set of offensive assistants, and a new OC.

I don't think this is a cupboard bare thing except questions at qb. But it is getting performance out of them

I agree with others who are not excited for the future unless we get Harbaugh. This program just feels like it will be mediocre for a very long time. I've reached the point where I would be extremely happy, and extremely shocked, if Michigan football competes for one more national title before I die.

. . . I've reached the point where I would be extremely happy, and extremely shocked, if Michigan football competes for one more national title before I die.

This is why I regret not paying attention to Michigan football until several years after 1997.

Speaking of the OSU animals, there was this idiot about 5 rows behind me last night who kept yelling "Go Bucks". Why one of those turds would be at a Michigan-Maryland game, 45 degrees and occasional rain is beyond me. But what really made me proud was that nobody said anything back to him other than "Go Blue". Could you imagine what would be said (or done) to a guy dumb enough to show up at an OSU-Maryland game in the Shoe and continually shout "Go Blue"? As I said, I was really stunned by that moron and at the same time really proud to be a Michigan fan.

A program in free-fall will be a gelatinous mess when it hits bottom. It will be a slow process getting it whole again. Defecting recruits combined with average players remaining is not a recipe for championships of any sort.

This is why I regret not paying attention to Michigan football until several years after 1997.

That's too bad. You missed arguably the greatest Wolverine football player ever in Charles Woodson. I'm 32 and he's definitely the best of my lifetime.

Maybe he can sing a parody of it, called "You Lower Me Down" with the Glee Club.

Back