Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hoke's collection of hats

I also really like this part, something RR failed to do:

The photo: Next to the caps on the shelf is a picture of Hoke and Michigan walk-on kicker Phil Brabbs from the season opener in 2002. At the time, Hoke was an assistant coach at Michigan and Brabbs had missed two field goals in the first half against Washington. Despite his struggles, Michigan head coach Lloyd Carr, a Schembechler prot

So screaming at tate forcier like he just got your daughter pregnant isn't the right way to coach?

I really wish he was still here. Always was a tate fan, before all this recent stuff.

I still keep track of sam mcguffie and I will tate next year.

doinwork83 said:
Suprised he doesnt even let them rep a Tigers hat.

Yeah I kinda disagree with that. If I'm from Detroit and I'm a huge Tigers fan I'll probably want to wear a tigers hat. That just seems a little excessive to me. But he can take the fucking White Sox hats.

Yeah, as long as the hat represents a team from the same state, I dont have a problem w/ it.

Shit like that always pissed me off about my coaches. I had a coach try to take my hat for wearing it backwards when we went to a AAA baseball game while we were on a highschool nationals tour for baseball. It just feels dumb, like the coach is on a power trip and trying to make you look foolish. Not a huge deal but I've always kind of been opposed to coaches making stupid rules like that.

Also who cares if the kid wears a team from a different state. Wearing a White Sox hats is in no way disrespectful to Michigan football. If a kids from Chicago and a huge White Sox fan it's not ok for him to wear while playing for Michigan but you think wearing a Tigers hat is? (I understand Hoke doesn't allow either, just replying to other points made).The only thing I would agree with is offensive material and other collegiate apparel being worn.

[quote="MAIZEandBLUE09":pfu8pgcm]I also really like this part, something RR failed to do:

The photo: Next to the caps on the shelf is a picture of Hoke and Michigan walk-on kicker Phil Brabbs from the season opener in 2002. At the time, Hoke was an assistant coach at Michigan and Brabbs had missed two field goals in the first half against Washington. Despite his struggles, Michigan head coach Lloyd Carr, a Schembechler prot

I was at the Washington game as well took my youngest nephew to the game.....it was freeking hot that day....any updates on Brabbs health issues? He was at one of the games last year for an in game honor...Brabbs is from Midland...my home town

i was there too - flew in from los angeles

heard phil speak this year - he had two bone marrow transplants (He has myeloma which is usually in older people) - and he drew the parallel of two attempts fail and going for the third

very moving to listen to him - he had his third kid in the middle of all of this

lostleader said:
That is another reason Hoke will be a great coach at UM!

And if Rich Rod tried this, he'd be a damn thief!

A "no hats" rule is fine with me. Taking non UM hats is a little iffy.

Back