Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

How about this OT if the tackles are gone.

I think he could be a good RT eventually. Problem is he needs a lot of coaching up and with our line the way it is you cant take a project in the second or maybe the third depending on how thinks shake out. But he could come in and takes Reiffs spot at FB.

I think he could be a good RT eventually. Problem is he needs a lot of coaching up and with our line the way it is you cant take a project in the second or maybe the third depending on how thinks shake out. But he could come in and takes Reiffs spot at FB.

lol

Assuming the Lions feel the really need an upgrade at LT, and aren't comfortable with Riley Rieff there, I'd be completely okay with a reach pick like Lane Johnson at #5. I'd also be great with with a guy like D.J. Fluker or Menelik Watson.

I really hate Johnson at 5 I just cant see him being that high but in this years draft its completely possible. He just isnt quite the same prospect as the top two guys. Its kind of like in no other year have I ever been ok with the idea of taking a guard in the top 10 but am really not against us taking him at 5 this year. He would be the very best guard in the draft instead of a the third best LT. Also I dont see as big of a gap between Johnson and some of the guys behind him like Fluker as I do between him and Fisher. So its just important we are getting both value and position of need. Also guard for us is a much bigger need than tackle. Reiff can play tackle but cant play guard I dont care what the coaches say. Fox and Hilliard can be serviceable at RT. Nagy Im not sure about. Dude has had a million of health issues and i just havent ever really thought to much about him. So we need guard play it will go a long way in fixing the run game. Then you go get Jones in the fourth and put raiola on notice that he needs to step up or he will be replaced.

pretty sure itll be one of the LTs at this point. Johnson probably is the pick if the other 2 are gone.

pretty sure itll be one of the LTs at this point. Johnson probably is the pick if the other 2 are gone.

For me I've narrowed my guess to Ansah and Johnson. Fisher and Joeckel gone, Milliner stock falling, I like Jordan but think they want to get bigger across the board, and I personally think Warford is as good as Warmack. If you want one of the top two you need to trade up and I don't see that happening. It really hinges on how the coaches rate our current possible tackle crop.

He would be a nice pick up in the 3rd round and chances are, there will none of the big 3 LT on the board at 5. Miami or San Diego are going to trade up to 3 to nab the last one. Oakland will spoil this whole mess, wait and see. We will probably get Ansah or Jordan. Milner is over-rated in my opinion and another medical malfunction away from being a crap draft for the Lions.

For me I've narrowed my guess to Ansah and Johnson. Fisher and Joeckel gone, Milliner stock falling, I like Jordan but think they want to get bigger across the board, and I personally think Warford is as good as Warmack. If you want one of the top two you need to trade up and I don't see that happening. It really hinges on how the coaches rate our current possible tackle crop.

With hayden being in the mix as a 1st rd cb i like the names that could still be there early 2. Wreh wilson, rhodes, trufant, alford, amerson (slay just had surgery so u guys cancel him out lol). I agree....if were still picking at 5 its gonna be johnson or a de.

You cancelled injury guys out when you ragged on the Broyles pick for a year. And LeShoure/Fairley cancelled out any known character concerns starting with Jenkins last year.

You cancelled injury guys out when you ragged on the Broyles pick for a year. And LeShoure/Fairley cancelled out any known character concerns starting with Jenkins last year.

Notice i said "you guys." Its tough debating with a guy that cant read...pick up your game lkp.

slay didn't have surgery. he worked out for Atlanta last week with the torn meniscus and looked great

Notice i said "you guys." Its tough debating with a guy that cant read...pick up your game lkp.

I read just fine. You need to understand. You don't like us cancelling out Milliner due to injury so you said "you guys" will cancel out Slay as a shot at us saying not to take Milliner. When in fact you are the guy that rags on Mayhew taking injured guys the most so you are a hypocrite for even wanting an injured player at 5 after all your Broyles, Best, LeShoure and Delmas hate. Screw Milliner at 5. Bartell, Bentley Greenwood, and Green is the answer at number 2 CB and nickel.

Broyles was a smart pick. Both for planning and he's talented and stepped up when Young and Burleson went down. They played it safe the first 4 weeks with Broyles which was also smart after his injury. They may do the same again if they get a speed WR in the draft and Burleson is still here. But once Broyles is ready, he'll be productive this year. You wanted Robinson. He wouldn't have helped us. Glad we have Mayhew.

I read just fine. You need to understand. You don't like us cancelling out Milliner due to injury so you said "you guys" will cancel out Slay as a shot at us saying not to take Milliner. When in fact you are the guy that rags on Mayhew taking injured guys the most so you are a hypocrite for even wanting an injured player at 5 after all your Broyles, Best, LeShoure and Delmas hate. Screw Milliner at 5. Bartell, Bentley Greenwood, and Green is the answer at number 2 CB and nickel.

Broyles was a smart pick. Both for planning and he's talented and stepped up when Young and Burleson went down. They played it safe the first 4 weeks with Broyles which was also smart after his injury. They may do the same again if they get a speed WR in the draft and Burleson is still here. But once Broyles is ready, he'll be productive this year. You wanted Robinson. He wouldn't have helped us. Glad we have Mayhew.

Slay sucks anyways. Broyles I love but was a luxury, Mayhew said himself he massively overestimated the teams talent, his draft last year reflected that fact. Him and Schwartz had their head so far up their asses last year (and Schwartz does in general) after winning 10 games they thought they won the f'ing Super Bowl. Lets hope the result shook them both out of their fantasyland.

Slay sucks anyways. Broyles I love but was a luxury, Mayhew said himself he massively overestimated the teams talent, his draft last year reflected that fact. Him and Schwartz had their head so far up their asses last year (and Schwartz does in general) after winning 10 games they thought they won the f'ing Super Bowl. Lets hope the result shook them both out of their fantasyland.

Broyles was a good pick not a luxury pick. DE sucked unexpectedly, turnover -16 differential was unexpected compared to both 2010/2011 for both. Lots of weapons got hurt in the last 4-6 games as well. Lions can turn the ship around with what they have now. Two-three more good rookies will just be icing on the cake. All on Staffords shoulders.

Mayhew is way in over his head. This team should be in a super bowl conversation for 2013, instead we are not even close. Also, Suh's contract is going to kill the team next year.

Back