Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

hypothetical question

dhichens24

Look at the last three years from Auburn's shoes...they won the national championship last year, but watched their hated rival Alabama win it the year before and the year after them.

If you were given the option to not see Michigan win a championship versus seeing them win one while Ohio wins the year before and after, which would you choose? Would it make a difference if it was notre dame or sparty instead? (like I said, it's hypothetical)

As long as UM doesn't lose to any of those schools and the only reason OSU, ND, or MSU are playing for a national championship is because of the faulty BCS system.

Guess under the new B1G system it makes the OSU and MSU scenarios kind of difficult, but I stand by my original statement.

What? Accept no titles over one title? Seriously? I don't care if OSU bookended three titles on either end of M's one title.

smayschmouthfootball said:
What? Accept no titles over one title? Seriously? I don't care if OSU bookended three titles on either end of M's one title.

Oh please, there isn't a single UM fan who would "not care" that Ohio* won. We'd be pissed.

I'd still take the title, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't be pissed that Ohio* or ND won. MSU, meh...if they win it all I will likely be happy for them. At a minimum, I wouldn't be pissed like I would with the other two. I HATE those teams way too much to be ok with them winning any title, but would still take this trade off. UM winning it all supercedes those teams winning it.

zyxt9 said:
smayschmouthfootball said:

Oh please, there isn't a single UM fan who would "not care" that Ohio* won. We'd be pissed.

I'd still take the title, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't be pissed that Ohio* or ND won. MSU, meh...if they win it all I will likely be happy for them. At a minimum, I wouldn't be pissed like I would with the other two. I HATE those teams way too much to be ok with them winning any title, but would still take this trade off. UM winning it all supercedes those teams winning it.
Well since the hypothetical question had no other option aren't you in agreement? I think everyone would take the good with the bad.

Back