Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hypothetical - You Are The New Owner

If it's a NFL player right now, then no doubt its Rodgers.

But if you include 2012 draft picks, I would consider Andrew Luck, just because the hype around the guy is unreal. He would be great for Jersey and Ticket sales. Plus the guy has unreal skills. He's just plain fun to watch.

On the flip side Aaron Rodgers could take a bad young team and make them at least competitive year one, so that is a huge draw..but being 28 this year, thats six less years of service i get out of him then i would Luck.

However...If I had a brand new franchise my first task would be to do what ever it takes to get placed in the NFC West. I would probably be the second best franchise no matter who i had on my team.

An interesting question would be if starting next year you were to start a franchise with the first pick would you pick a Tom Brady toward the end of his career or an Andrew luck who is unproven in the league but with all the skills and potential in the world.

Well hell, I'm going with the 5th grader from Benold middle school in Texas. He has an unbelievable arm. 2021 Draft.

I'd take Aaron Rodgers too, but then I'd get my front office working to acquire Leroy Hill

Back